[Rumble 5] FREQ: Multiple mark/quarry states

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

[Rumble 5] FREQ: Multiple mark/quarry states

Post by thecyberwolfe »

My group has a bad habit lately of having multiples of Rangers or Paladins running around, and it would be cool if there were multiple state conditions in different colors for Marks, Quarries and Divine Challenges and such. (In one game, we have a Ranger with a blue Quarry estate and another uses green). It stacks things up a bit in the conditions list, but it makes it easier to keep track of who's doing what to whom.

Other than that, thanks again for doing all of this work!
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Rumble
Deity

Re: [Rumble 5] FREQ: Multiple mark/quarry states

Post by Rumble »

thecyberwolfe wrote:My group has a bad habit lately of having multiples of Rangers or Paladins running around, and it would be cool if there were multiple state conditions in different colors for Marks, Quarries and Divine Challenges and such. (In one game, we have a Ranger with a blue Quarry estate and another uses green). It stacks things up a bit in the conditions list, but it makes it easier to keep track of who's doing what to whom.

Other than that, thanks again for doing all of this work!

Well, there are two options - for marks, it already shows who has the mark in effect on what token; the easiest way to address this is to make who has you quarried / cursed visible as well. As I recall, multiple quarries/curses can be in effect on the same creature (unlike marks) so it would require a small modification to handle that (and actually, it would probably be less intrusive than adding new state images).

It's not an entirely trivial change but it should be doable. I'll put it in the freq list.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Re: [Rumble 5] FREQ: Multiple mark/quarry states

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Well, we run a face-to-face game with me running a second monitor off my laptop, so all of the mousing around is done by me; having multiple state images allows the players to better see what they are doing without me having to mouse over the quarried victims, so I'd actually prefer additional state images if possible.
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”