[Rumble 5.0.7] BUG: EYNT and BYNT effects don't work

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

ForteMaster
Kobold

[Rumble 5.0.7] BUG: EYNT and BYNT effects don't work

Post by ForteMaster »

After some difficulty initially mostly owing to my own stupidity, me and my group got the framework working for us with power macros and the works.

Problem is, condition tracking doesn't seem to work properly. Despite the powers for EYNT and BYNT effects being configured properly, when my players click their 'end turn' button, the conditions they caused disappear on their current turn.

I don't know if there's something I'm not doing right, but I seem to be doing everything as I should - could someone help, or see if this is a bona-fide bug?

Mushiwulf
Kobold

Re: [Rumble 5.0.7] BUG: EYNT and BYNT effects don't work

Post by Mushiwulf »

If you are comfortable editing the macros just a little bit, I think I can help (and I actually would like the fix to get some more play time with different eyes to see if it breaks anything else).

In the Lib:States4e (Version 5.0.6) token, I edited the handleStates macro. Near the bottom of the macro there is a piece of code that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[newStateObj = json.set("{}", "condition", state, "imposedBy", stateImposedBy, "expires", stateExpires, "start", start, "ogDamAmt",newDmgVal, "defsAffected", sdefsAffected, "affects", saffects, "targets", stargets)]
I changed the start value to start+1 so that it looks like this:

[newStateObj = json.set("{}", "condition", state, "imposedBy", stateImposedBy, "expires", stateExpires, "start", start+1, "ogDamAmt",newDmgVal, "defsAffected", sdefsAffected, "affects", saffects, "targets", stargets)]
That should fix the EYNT stuff. There is another issue, and that is making sure the right states overwrite when stacking effects. Same macro there is a piece of code that looks a lot like this:

<!--Checking for duration replacement-->
      [if(stateExpires == "End of Your Next Turn" || stateExpires == "Beginning of Your Next Turn" || stateExpires == "End of Next Turn" || stateExpires == "Beginning of Next Turn"): chkReplace = 1; chkReplace = 0]

[h,if(json.contains(tokenET,state) && !chkReplace): replaceState = checkDuration(stateDetails,stateImposedBy,json.get(tokenET,state),state)]
In the unmodified macro, the if in the last line there reads: [h,if(json.contains(tokenET,state) && chkReplace)

All I did was invert the chkReplace (I added the !).

As far as I can tell, that fixes the EYNT issues and causes the effects to stack properly. Also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't break anything, but if you notice something, let me know.

ForteMaster
Kobold

Post by ForteMaster »

Sorry that I didn't reply yet, I was out of town for a bit.

I'll give this a try when I get the chance.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

The latest available version has these fixes incorporated into it. I think I'm on version 5.0.8 now.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”