[Rumble 5.0.8] Identical damage rolls & Leader Powers

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

ForteMaster
Kobold

[Rumble 5.0.8] Identical damage rolls & Leader Powers

Post by ForteMaster »

One of the characters in my campaign is a Psion who regularly multitargets with her Dishearten spell. Whenever the single power is used on multiple targets, all targets take the same amount of damage. This is something of a problem, especially if one of the attacks is a critical.

Is there any way to change this behavior? I'm not using the Burst Centre Token, if that changes anything.

As well, leader powers don't give any feedback text for me, only a bit of text which suspiciously resembles a Kirby dance.

jarquafelmu
Cave Troll

Re: [Rumble 5.0.8] Identical damage rolls & Leader Powers

Post by jarquafelmu »

Your running into a 4e rule. For burst and blast attacks the attack rolls are rolled separately and the damage is rolled once and then applied to each creature that is hit.

From your post I am gathering that your character is using the framework's close or area tools to target multiple enemies, correct?

What you need to do is make your attack either melee or ranged and then when you start your attack shift click on the enemies you want to attack and then hit the attack button. The framework will then roll separate attack and damage rolls.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”