4e framework campaign setting doesn't load.

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

neurok_shinobi
Kobold

4e framework campaign setting doesn't load.

Post by neurok_shinobi »

New to the site here, and to maptools.

I started a new campaign with the framework, and I got a feces ton of errors, it wouldn't load. Is there something else I need to download in order for it to work?

dd4e_slim_final_14.cmpgn

Thanks for the help!

Rumble
Deity

Re: 4e framework campaign setting doesn't load.

Post by Rumble »

neurok_shinobi wrote:New to the site here, and to maptools.

I started a new campaign with the framework, and I got a crud ton of errors, it wouldn't load. Is there something else I need to download in order for it to work?

dd4e_slim_final_14.cmpgn

Thanks for the help!
Okay, that's one of my frameworks (not actually listed in this forum, now that you point it out). Can you let me know what errors you got? Loading the template should be as simple as opening the file dd4e_slim_final_14.cmpgn. So, can you tell me:

1. What version of MapTool?
2. What errors were reported?

neurok_shinobi
Kobold

Post by neurok_shinobi »

Rumble wrote:
neurok_shinobi wrote:New to the site here, and to maptools.

I started a new campaign with the framework, and I got a crud ton of errors, it wouldn't load. Is there something else I need to download in order for it to work?

dd4e_slim_final_14.cmpgn

Thanks for the help!
Okay, that's one of my frameworks (not actually listed in this forum, now that you point it out). Can you let me know what errors you got? Loading the template should be as simple as opening the file dd4e_slim_final_14.cmpgn. So, can you tell me:

1. What version of MapTool?
2. What errors were reported?
Indeed, but I found it through this site~

I have the most recent version of maptools.

Error while reading campaign
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.conversionexception: visible only to owner (repeated 3 or 4 times)
debugginginfo:
cause-exception: com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.cannotresolveclassexception
cause-message: visibleonlytoowner
class: net.rptools.maptool.util.persistenceutil$Persistedcampaign
required-type: net.rptools.maptool.model.token
path: /net.rptools.maptool.util.persistenceutil$persistedcampaign/campaign/zones/entry/net.rptools.maptool.model.zone/tokenmap/entry/net.rptools.maptools.model.token/visibleonlytoowner
Linenumber: 98

Thanks again for the help rumbler. ^^

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Hoo boy. Okay, I don't know what's causing that, but I can tell you it's not something in the code of the framework, but rather something to do with the version of MapTool you're using and the campaign file itself.

Tell you what - try to download MapTool version 1.3.b76, and see if it opens there. I use that to write the campaigns since I haven't updated to any of the newer versions, and while new versions should be able to open old campaigns, there's a chance that's not working.

Let me know! If you can't get it opened, report the bug in the Bug Reports subforum under the MapTool forum.

neurok_shinobi
Kobold

Post by neurok_shinobi »

I shall try this tomorrow. Need sleep for class. Nini~

neurok_shinobi
Kobold

Post by neurok_shinobi »

Indeed, even with that version it still didn't work. =/

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I'm not sure I can help you. You're not unzipping the campaign file when you download it or anything, are you? When you download it, you should get a file with a .cmpgn extension. If it does not have a .cmpgn extension, you can just change the file extension to .cmpgn, and then open that file in MapTool.

However, that only applies to the file you downloaded. If you had created a campaign starting from the template file and saved it, you need to use the version it was saved in or later to open it. If it doesn't open, I unfortunately have no further advice to give since the problem lies inside MapTool and the campaign file, rather than the framework's scripts.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”