[Rumble 5.1.1] Weapon Enhancement Bonus added to all powers

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Deadolus
Giant

[Rumble 5.1.1] Weapon Enhancement Bonus added to all powers

Post by Deadolus »

Hi Rumble,

I wonder if this topic has been covered already. If so, let me know.

I was helping another player with their Dragonborn's Dragon Breath, and noticed on the attacks and damage, his weapon enhancement was being added. This bonus should not apply to all attacks. Is there a way to turn that bonus off for some powers and not others? In some cases (other characters) it should only be added if the power is an implement power and an implement is used. Not sure, but I thought those checks were in there before?

Thanks for your continued support.
Deadolus

Kryx
Cave Troll

Re: [Rumble 5.1.1] Weapon Enhancement Bonus added to all pow

Post by Kryx »

Make sure when the power is created that it is not using main-hand. Check N/A and I assume it will not add this bonus.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Kryx wrote:Make sure when the power is created that it is not using main-hand. Check N/A and I assume it will not add this bonus.
Thanks Kryx! I overlooked that. Looks like the number of Rumble Experts is growing. This is a good thing.

I had to add "HalfLevel" to the Attack line. Since doing so, I am now getting a +1 to the Misc. Modifiers. I didn't get that before. Is there a way to ascertain where this bonus is coming from?... That you know of?

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ya I see a similar issue. I left it on main hand and it didn't add weapon enhancement. But it is not adding half-level.

I can look into this more later tonight.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ya there doesn't seem to be any way to attach a "racial" tag to it to modify it. The halflevel trick works though. You could also add a generic implement (no enhancement) and set it to an implement attack - that would fix it.

It seems Rumble edited it so implements got lvl added in their calc and weapons got level added in their calc instead of leaving level in the generic calc so unless a power uses either of those it doesn't get half-level. Should be fixed imo.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Good find. I added in some code (I'll make it available shortly) to correct that problem. To ensure it doesn't happen in the new update (not yet posted, but soon), make sure to select "none" for the Slot, and make sure not to give it the Weapon or Implement keyword. Should straighten it out.

Here's the single macro to update - replace getAttackFormula on Lib:4e with the version attached. I'm posting it now because it takes some time to update everything to put out a new bugfix, but this is pretty trivial and easily fixed.
Attachments
getAttackFormula.mtmacro
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”