Token Database for Rumble's Framework v5

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Kryx
Cave Troll

Token Database for Rumble's Framework v5

Post by Kryx »

Hey guys,

Reposting this from the user creation forum as I bumped an old thread. It will get more exposure here as a new project.

I would like to create/share many tokens using rumble's framework version 5. I'd like others to contribute to this project. Whenever you add a mob for your campaign - please add it to this thread and I will catalog the monsters and share them.
If anyone has any ideas of how to streamline this in anyway please do share.

Here is what I have so far:
I've taken all the old creatures and updated them.
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
This set includes all the previous monsters in the old thread plus the monsters from White Plume Mountain. I have not touched them beyond updating them and making sure they looked good (I have not checked powers)

I've also started working on adding all of MM3:
MM3 Monsters

For this last set I have merged ability check and skill check into one button as Rumble did in Rumble Slim - I asked him to do this, but he declined due to stopping development so I'm including it myself. Rename this to lib:Kryx_extras.
Extras Library

And I've also been adding characters for my current campaign (mostly undead - lower level).
Monsters New - Updated 5/19/2011
Last edited by Kryx on Thu May 19, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Re: Token Database for Rumble's Framework v5

Post by Colmarr »

Double post.
Last edited by Colmarr on Thu May 12, 2011 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

The forum software only seems to allow you to attach 8 files per post. Here's the 8 I've created in my meanderings:

Edit: removed as requested.
Last edited by Colmarr on Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

I would really suggest removing the rptok's and hosting this offsite since this is very likely a violation of WotC's Copyrights....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

jfrazierjr wrote:I would really suggest removing the rptok's and hosting this offsite since this is very likely a violation of WotC's Copyrights....
Hosting off-site is a good idea.

This is an extension of an old thread as I mentioned in the first post. No issues were brought up then. Essentially a DM would still need wotc resources to run these guys, just most of it is automated - but I see your point.

Thanks for contributing Colmarr. Make sure to check to see if the ones you do are already done. The white dragon wyrm and Orc Bombardier were done already.
I'd also suggest we settle on a similar format. I already have ~300 original ones not made by me and about 40 made by me with the square light color as a border. We should probably continue with that model.

I also plan on reorganizing. Alphabetical naming doesn't seem to work the best. Maybe a system as such:
Monsters
-Undead
--Skeletons
---Bonewretch Skeleton
--Zombies
---Shuffling Zombie

We could always try something like dropbox, but I have no problem hosting the files.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I know that this is from an old thread, but as I recall, that stuff was all hosted somewhere else. I'm leery about the entire idea, to be honest (which I'm pretty sure was mentioned in one or another threads on this same idea).

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Rumble wrote:I know that this is from an old thread, but as I recall, that stuff was all hosted somewhere else. I'm leery about the entire idea, to be honest (which I'm pretty sure was mentioned in one or another threads on this same idea).
Ya hosted elsewhere is definitely the right idea. It just seems crazy to have everyone import 1000+ monsters, but I know WoTC prob wouldn't like it. The only other way I could think of would be to create a power repository(as that is what takes the time to edit) and leave the rest to be imported - but I'm not going down that road.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Kryx wrote:Thanks for contributing Colmarr. Make sure to check to see if the ones you do are already done. The white dragon wyrm and Orc Bombardier were done already.
I'd also suggest we settle on a similar format. I already have ~300 original ones not made by me and about 40 made by me with the square light color as a border. We should probably continue with that model.
Happy to post/store my contributions somewhere, but to be honest I'm only going to be doing the ones I need for my upcoming Zeitgeist campaign.

I'm going to be using circle borders (I think they look better), but if it's not too hard to change I can probably get square versions done too.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Colmarr wrote:Happy to post/store my contributions somewhere, but to be honest I'm only going to be doing the ones I need for my upcoming Zeitgeist campaign.

I'm going to be using circle borders (I think they look better), but if it's not too hard to change I can probably get square versions done too.
Ya thats the idea - share them as you make them.

Honestly I'd wager circle looks better too, but that means to go back through and change hundreds. I create the tokens with tokentool.

I'm actually re-evaluation Rumble's Slim 4e framework. If I can get it to do everything I'll probably switch over to it. I'll update soon- I have a bunch from open grave. ~20.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Kryx wrote:I create the tokens with tokentool.
Me too. It does have circle borders :)

But I know what you mean about hassle, especially if you're talking about going back and amended existing token images. Incidentally, it's not as difficult as I originally thought. You do it by editing the token and altering the bottom left image (I think it's called 'Portrait'; the one that lets you resize the token) but you do need to create new images (ie. images with round borders) ahead of time to attach to the existing token.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Ya images and powers take the most time. I usually try to attach a portrait as well (so they have a circle or square around their token, but on hover they have a real portrait with no border).

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Kryx wrote:Ya images and powers take the most time. I usually try to attach a portrait as well (so they have a circle or square around their token, but on hover they have a real portrait with no border).
My preference is for no portrait. IMO once you have a selection window and chat window open, there's too little screen space left the for map, especially if a portrait is taking up room.

Kryx
Cave Troll

Post by Kryx »

Colmarr wrote:My preference is for no portrait. IMO once you have a selection window and chat window open, there's too little screen space left the for map, especially if a portrait is taking up room.
Portrait only shows up when you hover over the monster. It shows the ugly token w/ border or the portrait.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Kryx wrote:Portrait only shows up when you hover over the monster. It shows the ugly token w/ border or the portrait.
As DM, you're going to be doing an awful lot of hovering over monsters, including every time one of them moves or you select one of them. Which is why I set portrait size to 1 pixel and don't bother doing a nice one :)

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”