But this one seems to pick up from the untouched import and let you quickly finish it off.
Bingo, this statement hits the nail right on the head. The goal of the RACK is to recreate the Rumble power as accurately as possible. The idea is for it to do as much of the work as it possibly can so the programmer has the best starting point from which to customize the code. If I have fallen short of this goal, then I want to know about it. Hence my request for everybody to try putting their Rumble tokens through the RACK and rigorously testing the resulting MPB versions. Kindly report any discrepancies on this thread.
Thanks very much for your offer to help! As long as you agree to my direction
(i.e. the exact opposite of Rumble, in most cases), then I am grateful for any contribution you make. Just make your changes and attach the MPB to a post here describing them in detail. If I like them, I will incorporate into the current build I am working on and give you due credit on my web site. I plan to have my first beta revision (containing very minor bug fixes) out on Monday so I suggest you work off that.
However, it is critical that you keep in mind that the things I don't have in my framework are also the things I don't want
! For example, if you say, " StarMan, I can make you a really cool HTML character sheet display macro! " then I will reply with a rather large yawn
. I know HTML and CSS so I would have done that by now if I wanted to. As explained on my site, I believe duplicating the functionality of other applications is pointless. In this instance, Rumble's pop up stat sheet and my status macro are quite sufficient for my group's purposes. Anything else can just be looked up in the Character Builder and/or Compendium.
Put another way, I believe anything Rumble can do, we can do better. "Anything he can do we can do best. No we can't! Yes, we can ..." oh, never mind
By the way I did briefly glance over Blakey's work but did not see the feature you were referring to. Nevertheless, I completely agree that we should be making the conversion path between DDI and fully functioning MPB token as short as humanly possible.
To that end, my next major project will be creating the JACK (aka JamesManhattan Automatic Conversion Kit). Unfortunately, I have likewise not had the time to look over his work in this regard
. If you have ideas on how to proceed with that then I am all ears! This way we can cut Rumble out of the process entirely.