Skip to content

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:48 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: 132
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:12 pm 
Hey gang, SL 132 was released yesterday featuring a long-needed addition to the UI. When you are presented with a list of effects you will now get state images in the drop-down box. It never hurts to add a splash of color to the proceedings! The other cool new feature which I will get to use in my next adventure is the support of "Round X" macros on the Info token. For example, say some event is scheduled to happen at the beginning of Round 4. Just create a macro called Round 4 on the Info token (make sure you own this!) and it will get sent to you when Round 4 begins. Programmers can also now use the AllHits variable in Hit and Criticals trigger macros.

Bug fixes include the exclusion of Total Defense from the AiC menu if you have already run it, the proper supporting of mod stacking for Penalty states, Choose Macro will stop asking to add a quick button after you click Yes, Validate PC Ownerships now does a better job in determining top owners and minor import defects have been fixed. Minor improvements and tweaks round out the release.

Crossing my fingers everything runs smoothly for you and us during our session tomorrow! Later ...

Kobold

Post subject: Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:41 pm 
Hello there,
i'm trying to have a look at your work, but the Training videos are not available. Dropbox saying the files can't be found.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: 133
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 am 
Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention, alf007! Feel free to post any other questions you may have and I will be happy to answer them. Yes, I did get a notice from DropBox indicating they would be stopping direct links but haven't been able to get around to addressing the problem until now. Please try again and hit Download as directed at the end of the first paragraph of the Introduction section. I know this is inconvenient so by the end of the weekend I will be transferring all videos from DropBox to the site where the SLs are stored. The training page will be updated as the transfers are taking place.

Speaking of SLs, 133 was released yesterday. This release fixes a major bug noticed in our session this past Monday. When Disengage is used, all effects on all tokens are removed! For example, as our encounter wore on we noticed expended powers had mysteriously returned after a monster had been slain. The DM was not amused! There were no other significant bugs to speak of.

There were two major goals for this release. I looked through the code and saw a number of macros were coded inefficiently. Yes, they worked properly but only after doing a bunch of unnecessary things. They are now leaner/meaner with hopefully better performance. Dovetailing on that, the Grab family of macros (Choose Grabbed, Escape) have likewise been cleaned up.

I have also decided to set Speed=0 for Dying/Petrified/Stunned effects as a sort of house rule. The usual assortment of tweaks round out the release. Enjoy!

Cave Troll

Post subject: Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm 
Forgive me for asking a stupid question in here - is there a way to tag these threads as to-read? I wanted to keep a list of threads that I watch - but it appears they will only show up under "view your posts" if I comment on the thread itself.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: Re: 133
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:22 pm 
If I understand your question correctly, I don't think so. The icons on the left at the beginning of each topic description indicate whether you have replied to,read etc the topic but I don't think you can actively mark things.
StarMan wrote:
... I will be transferring all videos from DropBox to the site where the SLs are stored. The training page will be updated as the transfers are taking place.
Sorry, it turns out I can't do this because my hosting site won't allow file sizes over 10Mb. I can count on one hand the number of videos that are that small! alf007 were you able to d/l and watch the videos? All broken DropBox links have been corrected AFAIK.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: 134
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:00 pm 
For SL 134, Register Effect's Link==IncreaseExisting feature has been fixed, Show Effect no longer craps out when examining an effect-less token and Attack Power and a few other macros have been overhauled to hopefully be a tiny bit faster. Minor fixes to monster imports (like Variable Resistance being set as a No Action) have been made.

Improvements include the auto-running of Write Macros from Backup when the zero macro generation bug is detected. Just click any button in your Powers group (SL 135 will do this for ALL buttons) and the macros will be written automatically. Mass Surprise will now give output, Add or Remove Trigger won't prompt you for a runner on an Initiative event and Mass Set XP has been added to the root group. This last guy gives an easy way to set a whole party to the same XP level (via the OSP) if End Encounter goes awry or you need an easy and ad-hoc way to give a reward. Enjoy ...

Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69