The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

171/172

Post by StarMan »

The 170s are off to a flying start! Once again, the release of two SLs in rapid succession renders announcing the first separately unnecessary. Send Macro and Register Effect will no longer fail when operating ownerless tokens (although it is still advisable for you to ensure proper ownership at all times), power keywords are handled a little more cleanly now, the importer now does a more consistent job separating NPC powers, Bloodied trigger addition is handled a bit better, Unconscious tokens no longer hold the Bloodied effect and LOTS of slightly inefficient code has been cleaned up.

Now for the improvements: Convert to Spell now runs automatically if you click a spell token and hopefully no longer crashes. Walls are now made into spell tokens if the phrase "area wall" is detected in your Effect text field or the Wall string is included in the Keyword field. Minor UI tweaks like Trigger Definitions listing the Quit option last and some short menus using RadioMode have been included. Enjoy!
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

173 is out the door and fixes a semi-serious issue where the MPB was being identified as the Lib token for tokens without "At-Will" macros. This has been fixed as has Banner asserting when running Start Turn Timer under inaction state and the long-standing issue of powers whose name contains a monster's role not getting imported correctly has been resolved. Don't edit the "XClassX" string as it will be properly replaced automatically.

The rest are minor cosmetic output and efficiency tweaks. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

174 is now available but the main bugs it fixes are likely things you will rarely come across. The bulk of changes can be found in the Arsenal macros but the only fix per se is saving Remove Weapon or Implement from crashing when you try to get rid of an item that is not currently equipped. Import Monster Power no longer asserts if you try to do just one power, Construct Rumble States now understands to keep looking for a damage clause if there is none in an earlier "deals damage" phrase and "save ends both" effects in OFS parameters will now link to each other instead of the parent effect (bug found by one of my players).

New for this release is support for the "Each Failed Saving Throw" phrase for up to 3 iterations as long as there are no First, Second and Third provisions. I'm not really sure how this effort will pan out but will do more testing as the need arises. More efficiency improvements are included along with other behind-the-scenes tweaks. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 175 is out now and addresses some issues which stand a good chance of showing up in your game. The biggest of these is that the Skill Challenge still doesn't present a list of skills to choose from when doing the OSP. This has been fixed as well as Sustain effects not ending immediately. Last night our DM committed a cardinal sin by using a token whose name contained a comma! End My Turn has been modified to detect this transgression. Special effects like "Inhibit Healing" will no longer be coded with the word "Damage" at the end of the name.

One improvement is that your MK checks will now be stored in your Lib token's Exploits property for easy editing. Generally speaking, Polymorph situations and the usual NPC import tweaks have been included. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 176 continues my efforts to properly divine the name of monster traits that don't have parentheses in their descriptions. If further tuning is needed then you will see it in future SLs. This edition also seeks to do away with redundant code inclusions such as DmgType in single-type Ongoing effects, Place Spell calls for Polymorph powers and NPCs can no longer do attack damage types like "Close". These aren't especially harmful but it's nice to clear these up anyway to avoid confusion. Two big fixes that I am happy about is the elimination of the Attack Immunity (and other Duration==Macro effects) retention for targets when Choose Targets fails and Register Effect's tendency to add already present effect names to ConditionNotes.

The biggest improvement this time around is the use of SPL Display to list to-hit numbers for an attack which should make finding results a bit easier. Oppose Check will now prompt to make sure the opposing token has made its check and Bloodied triggers should get picked up more easily. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 177 is now available and sporting all kinds of fixes to the NPC importer. "Flying" is no longer presented as an effect, Setup Player Token doesn't crash any more when importing hippogriffs (not sure why it did in the first place), recharge powers will not fail as often due to parenthesis counts and (most importantly) traits are partitioned better (i.e. won't ask you for final word of power any more) with proper effect text being found more often.

Other minor bugs such as Choose Lib Token not defaulting to token's own, End Encounter resetting the Round counter too early (now you should be able to run again if there's an issue), Disengage running Grant Rest for PCs when still 1 NPC left, Altitude not allowing phasing creatures to rise above ceiling level, Attack not listing critical results the old way and Mass Skill Check Lock just plain not working have been fixed. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Merry Christmas MPBers!!! My gift to you is yesterday's posting of SL 178. Construct Rumble States no longer crashes when detecting the Invisible state, Add MM Lore now allows History tracks, Move to Token will now refrain from prompting for Fall when the token has not moved off the ABOS, triggers will now be automatically removed if not found, Apply Functional Template now gives "Feyborn" as a choice, Mass Skill Check Lock will select all within TempHP range and Import Description will now bold the first Features entry.

On the PC import side of things, the "XX" words no longer appear in F4's output and the "apos" patterns will be removed from this output as well as the insides of import records. Extended Rest will now give your MK list and you won't be prompted for turn starts after the DM runs the Grant Rest feature. Attack now considers Cover for reach attacks (as per the rules) and outputs results properly unless a number is duplicated for a result set. This last one will be addressed in SL 179 as it has no bearing on the attack itself, just the output.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!
Last edited by StarMan on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 179 will be the final release for this calendar year. The main bug fixed is that compound Ongoing damage is now functional again courtesy of the Create Effect macro. The output from the Attack macro is much better although you may still overlook the Misses output if under Hits. Apply Functional Template will now list invisible standards for deletion, Mass Force Move will output in the right order and Effect Saving Throw will stop prompting for Token and TriggerOut (very annoying).

A big improvement is that Aura Attack will now only ding you once for Mode==On auras if you stay in it for your entire turn. Grab will now use Duration=Sustain (which is actually what the rules stipulate) and so will Register Effect for non-Perm Property=CurrHP effects. Finally, Mark will now support Duration=Save as well as SEB functionality.

Enjoy and have a safe/good long weekend followed by a great year!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Happy New Year, MPBers! To usher in 2018 you may begin with SL 180. I was able to finish and upload it last night before heading out to party. There is a major shake-up this time around as is my sometimes custom of starting a new decade of SLs. The power editor has been radically altered into a new (I hope) more intuitive format. The first tab has been left alone but the Attack tab is now last with the two intervening ones having their fields reordered. The "MPB Only" (dumb name, I admit) has been rebranded as the "Targeting" tab. Another big improvement is the support of Save Ends All situations and showing the save for such without the first associated state in the name when saving.

Fixed bugs include the elimination of commas left by Aura Attack, the coding of Move To Token in powers when no range for such detected, Trigger Definitions giving ActionPoint as an option for tokens without any, monsters' Format to PC Power now recognizes lowercase "reach" specs, manual runs of Create Effect now defaults the Mod of Ongoing effects as multiples of 5, Surge now shows "Spend" as the OK option and phasing is now detected in MM1 monsters. All of these are harmless but annoying bugs which I'm sure we're all glad to be rid of.

All the best to you and yours in this new year!

Xun
Cave Troll

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor

Post by Xun »

Hi Starman,
just giving your MPB another try (as I always get distracted by other stuff)...
I tried following your character import steps and basically already failed at F4.
While importing a lv3 .dnd4e file, it gives me always a stack overflow (see attached).
I am running 1.4.1.8 maptool and your latest SL(181) and already tuned the memory up to a 4096/4096/12 setting.

Any ideas?

BR, Xun
Attachments
mpb_overflow.PNG
mpb_overflow.PNG (49.73 KiB) Viewed 1010 times

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Happy New Year Xun and thanks for your question! I enjoy hearing from my users (been months since the last one, I think) but sorry to see you’re having the issue I talk about in the third paragraph of this page. It’s good you are using SL 181 but I should mention that officially I only support MT 1.3. Yes, I believe other users are using 1.4 successfully and admit retrying on 1.3 b91 may not help in the very likely event this is a Java issue (i.e. update to the latest Java 8 build).

Have you tried in the past or is this the first one? Were those attempts successful and if so what were the circumstances? I think “stack overflow” is MT’s way of saying it doesn’t like the JRE you have installed. As explained in the above link, try on a different machine or in the event you don’t have one ask other members of your group to try. If that still doesn’t work, uninstall Java and try installing an earlier edition. Again, I doubt this is a problem with MT 1.4 but stranger things have happened so that possibility is still on the table.

Failing all that, send me your dnd4e file and JPEG (attach to post or PM) so I can try myself.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Increasing your Stack Size memory setting for the JVM *should* fix the issue. Generally due to the Macro doing a lot of work or returning huge chunks of data.

Via the launcher in 1.4.1.8, third box should be Stack Size (JVM setting -Xss), try increasing it. 4M is a good start. It's rare for a framework to need much more, 5-6 on the high end.
-Jamz

Xun
Cave Troll

Post by Xun »

Hi Jamz,
I already PMed Starman regarding the details. I guess the issue is with the MPB, as it runs with an older SL (and I had the memeroy settings already pretty maxe-ed 4096/4096/12)
BR,
Xun

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Xun wrote:Hi Jamz,
I already PMed Starman regarding the details. I guess the issue is with the MPB, as it runs with an older SL (and I had the memeroy settings already pretty maxe-ed 4096/4096/12)
Unless this framework requires it, a 12 stack is WAY too high.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Xun, I'm afraid there was no dnd4e attached to your PM so I tried Vani from my videos which I am attaching here. As you can see from the chat log, everything went fine although I will fix the SPT (aka F4) output to not have the XClassX and XRaceX references. Maybe there is something weird going on with this particular dnd4e file? Have you tried others? What about the rest of your group?

You make a strong case for the only difference between your two attempts being the SL 154 to SL 181 upgrade but I don't see how the replacement of '&aposscholder' factors in. If anything, that would reduce the size of the source data storage. Remember, I have over 300 users so if there really was a problem this serious with the newer SLs then somebody would have said something, I think. Anyway, please try sending your dnd4e again and answer my questions above.
JamzTheMan wrote:It's rare for a framework to need much more, 5-6 on the high end.
Thanks for your responses, Jamz and Full Bleed. I guess I am on the "high end" because I get overflow errors when using a value of 4 in 1.3 b91. Again, in my experience every time somebody gets an overflow not solved by increasing SS then it's because they are using a faulty JRE. For me, everything goes smoothly with 5 as pointed out in the link in my post above. Here is my Help->Gather Debug output:

==== MapTool Information ====
MapTool Version: 1.3.b91
MapTool Home...: /Users/Dave/.maptool
Max mem avail..: 910M
Max mem used...: 815M
Custom Property: -DMAPTOOL_DATADIR=/Users/Dave/.maptool

==== Java Information ====
Java Vendor.: Oracle Corporation
Java Home...: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
Java Version: 1.8.0_73
Result of executing 'java -version':
............: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-468-11M4833)
............: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-468, mixed mode)

==== OS Information ====
OS Name........: Mac OS X
OS Version.....: 10.11.6
OS Architecture: x86_64
PATH...........: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
Number of Procs: 4

BTW, everything works fine on my Win 10 box with Java 8 although the build number escapes me. In both cases I am using a max men size of 1024Mb but I'm positive half that will work too. The same can be said for my brother but our remote player was able to solve his overflow issues by using a stack size of 12 or something after lower values didn't pan out. I told him that's just plain weird but he seems happy now so I didn't press the matter. Again, they are using MT 1.3 like me but I will download 1.4 and test as a last resort.
Attachments
Archive.zip
Vani source file and F4 output under SL 182 beta
(122.51 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”