The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Valcorin
Kobold

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor

Post by Valcorin »

I think confusion comes from the fact that the error message says the code only allows Houseruled but actually the code does NOT allow Houseruled (prior to SR 94).

Question: I am trying to run a test combat using the Demo campaign map but keep getting prompted for "Value for timeDate" then "Message" using SR 94, Maptools 1.4.0.2, and the default tokens on the map. How do I disable this or set the values so it doesn't keep prompting?

It's definitely something with 1.4. I just tested it with 1.3b91 and it's working as expected (normal prompts and no timeDate/Message repeat prompts).

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Oops, you're right :oops: . I will change the message to indicate only legal PCs are allowed. Good catch!

Actually, I haven't even tried 1.4 yet. I have read a few posts about it and watched the YouTube demo video and it looks pretty cool. Of course, my official statement is that it is not supported. It's tough enough maintaining one code stream. If enough users start asking about it then I will consider making the jump but until that happens please continue to use 1.3b91 as indicated at the top of my web site.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues between 1.3b91 and 1.4

If you find any please let us know.

There is one known bug with 1.4.0.1 (with table image size) but that has been corrected.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Jagged wrote:There shouldn't be any compatibility issues between 1.3b91 and 1.4

If you find any please let us know.
Well then yeah we've found one! As Valcorin has explained, it works fine in b91 but not 1.4. Here is the stretch of code in my Start Turn Timer macro which is causing the issue:

Code: Select all

[h:varsFromStrProp(json.toStrProp(getInfo("client"))]
[h:setProperty("InitBonus", timeInMs, "ABOS")]
[h:setProperty("Race", "", "ABOS")]
[MACRO("Banner@this"): "Power="+getMacroName()+"; FlavorText=Timer lock cleared; Attack=; PowerSpecs=Current time is<b> "+timeDate]
It would seem 1.4 is not completely backwards-compatible as you claim otherwise it would be implementing the "timeDate" variable returned by the getInfo("client") function. Mind you, it's good to know 1.4 is using the same scripting language as I recall reading they wanted to use Javascript or something more industry-standard.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

StarMan wrote:It would seem 1.4 is not completely backwards-compatible as you claim otherwise it would be implementing the "timeDate" variable returned by the getInfo("client") function.
No code has changed in this area, so this will be a build bug. Hope to let you know more soon.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

StarMan wrote: It would seem 1.4 is not completely backwards-compatible as you claim otherwise it would be implementing the "timeDate" variable returned by the getInfo("client") function. Mind you, it's good to know 1.4 is using the same scripting language as I recall reading they wanted to use Javascript or something more industry-standard.
When you have a chance can you try the new 1.4.0.3 build, there was an extra unwanted line terminator character on the end of the version in getInfo("client") that could be throwing off the string props function which has been removed.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

On behalf of my 1.4 users, thanks very much, Craig! I have been waiting for Valcorin (or any of them) to confirm your fix in SL 95 (made available earlier this week) but will instead go the "no news is good news" route as I always do. Again, I have my hands full with 1.3 for the time being but will try 1.4 in the very unlikely event I get a few minutes free one of these days.

This release focuses on better output to the Chat window. I have addressed Valcorin's reported message issue and also fixed the problem of End My Turn not showing any power output. Most importantly, the DM can now see the output of invisible PC tokens and everyone will now know who will be rolling initiative next. End Encounter's confusing "Flat share" message has been eliminated.

The biggest bug fix concerns death saves. During our last session my token went unconscious but the framework ignored all my failed saves! This has been fixed so you will die after failing 3. :cry: Add MM Lore can now pick up DC multiples of 1 through 4, Aura Attack does not need to target Initiative tokens for Mode=End auras and effects detected along with "Grabbed" will be retained in your power macros.

Nothing in the way of new features other than you can now click "Silent Run" on the last tab of the Power Editor. Only you and the DM will see the output of these powers. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Nothing major to report with SL 96. Just a few minor bug fixes to the monster importer and a few tweaks here and there. The most notable change is I have decided to bring back the "You must move ABOS first" error for -ABOS macros because too many people were getting into a pickle by choosing its relative location when prompted. That behaviour can be brought back via a new Global Toggle if desired.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey gang, SL 97 is now up for grabs but it is mostly another bug-fixing and "bolt-tightening" release. Most changes aren't going to be things you will be likely to notice. A few tiny and imperceptible improvements have been made to the monster importer. It should be noted the "Hidden" effect will be applied to the last token that took its turn. This measure was taken to more easily automatically target victims of turn-end auras. Generally speaking, this release will merely serve to make the overall experience a little smoother.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 98 is now live which means only one more edition stands between us and the milestone 100! No special plans are in motion to celebrate that event so let's stick to the matter at hand. It has been a long time since a new feature has been introduced so it gives me great pleasure to announce support for Summoned Creature import! This feature is in its infancy so be sure to test it out. Standard actions will show up on your Notes tab as Sa Power and Sa Power Two, for example. Change these to more descriptive names at this time or during import. I personally have never used these rules but decided it is a good addition to the "Import ANYTHING" MPB mission.

Another fairly major change is the decision to include the ReachBonus property in all range calculations rather than just melee. Most of the time it will be 0 but keep in mind all attack powers will be affected if changed. Programmers can now add the CheckErrorNeg parm to Register Effect to insure being warned when the value reaches zero.

On the bug fix side, it was found that inflicting a certain type of damage actually does not stop regeneration as per the Link value of the effect. This has been fixed as has Get Caster Props which was just plain broken. Expend Powers should handle numbered powers and also handle triggered macros when the player next runs any macro. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, I am happy to report some fairly significant changes in SL 99. I was reading Rumble's v4 thread and noticed he implemented duration weighting for effects ... or at least tried to. :? When I tested v5 (yes, v5) by putting Dazed on a guy, it would replace that Dazed with another regardless of the second effect's duration ... which is wrong. The MPB will replace only if the Duration spec is equal or higher otherwise you will get a message saying it's being ignored.

The other bit you may find useful is the Door token. You can still turn the perimeter VBL on and off (I am told MT 1.4 has this ability?) but you now have the capability to do so with a single side. This is done by using the 4 new "compass point" macros on the token itself. Summoned Creatures importing has been improved so less manual configuration is necessary. When importing effects for anything, a rudimentary detection of Unconscious has been put back in.

The usual bug fixes and tweaks round out the release. Next SL is the biggie!!! I hate to be boring but right now #100 is looking to just be a run-of-the-mill tweaking release. It's getting really tough to find bugs and dream up new features which is why it takes weeks between releases now. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

The Big 100!!!

Post by StarMan »

I wish I could say SL 100 is revolutionary and ushers in a new era of MPB history ... but that wouldn't be quite true. With respect to new features, there is the new RumbleEval20 trigger event which can be used for things like the "Tymora's Smile" feat. There is also the new FL->Use Token Image macro which allows you to grab the graphic from another token on the current map. This is useful for lycanthropes and other shape changers as a visual cue to your players.

With respect to bugs, monster importing has been greatly improved. Import PC Power can now display "plus" damage and is far better at detecting multiple attacks. Variable resistance detection has also been improved as has All-Around Vision importing. The usual plethora of usability tweaks round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 101 is out on the street sporting a trio of improved features. The Door token now has a facility to delete all the root group macros except for the active side. This makes things a little quicker for your players as they don't need to hunt for the side they want to open. There is also the new Tactical->Locate Token which zooms you to where a token may be hiding. I think this is a little easier to use than MT's Map Explorer. FL->Use Token Image will let you switch the look of your token to any other one on the map. This can be used for polymorph and "mood change" situations.

Some fairly large and annoying bugs have been fixed too. The extra power-named effects superfluously generated during power import (most notably with compound ongoing effects) have been eliminated. Opportunity action import is now properly supported too along with various other monster import concerns. The DM's Initiative/Round-handling macros have been coded to tolerate situations where the MPB may not be in Select Mode. Another strange one is when nothing stops a monster's regeneration but it gets inhibited after sustaining regular damage. :? Initiative and Act Now will no longer fail if no Activate RV is found. Although not really a bug, Run Power will now prompt you to spend an action point after charging. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

101 glitch

Post by StarMan »

Oops! There was a slight glitch in the Initiative macro which has now been corrected. Please download SL 101 again and my apologies for any inconvenience.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

There's lots to talk about WRT the release of SL 102. The new SplashOnHit option in the power editor will suppress execution of your splash macro if it misses the primary target. For example, I have used this for the secondary ricochet on the Lightning Strike power. Edit Properties now has an option to validate numerical properties in case one is causing a failure by being a string. Processing Block will now popup a message before a cascading effect is created. Finally, the new Quick Button Group facility under Frank's Lab will allow you to read an entire group of buttons on a lib token and populate your player token.

Fixed bugs include Vlnrbl/Resist states working as cascaded effects, MK checks showing ABOS power names, Choose Macro allowing PCs to choose the MPB, being given the option to spend an action point when Dazed and now your monsters (if made with this SL) will not show their Vlnrbl/Resist states if Activate RV is run while combat is in progress. Enjoy ...

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”