The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey gang, SL 132 was released yesterday featuring a long-needed addition to the UI. When you are presented with a list of effects you will now get state images in the drop-down box. It never hurts to add a splash of color to the proceedings! The other cool new feature which I will get to use in my next adventure is the support of "Round X" macros on the Info token. For example, say some event is scheduled to happen at the beginning of Round 4. Just create a macro called Round 4 on the Info token (make sure you own this!) and it will get sent to you when Round 4 begins. Programmers can also now use the AllHits variable in Hit and Criticals trigger macros.

Bug fixes include the exclusion of Total Defense from the AiC menu if you have already run it, the proper supporting of mod stacking for Penalty states, Choose Macro will stop asking to add a quick button after you click Yes, Validate PC Ownerships now does a better job in determining top owners and minor import defects have been fixed. Minor improvements and tweaks round out the release.

Crossing my fingers everything runs smoothly for you and us during our session tomorrow! Later ...
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

alf007
Kobold

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor

Post by alf007 »

Hello there,
i'm trying to have a look at your work, but the Training videos are not available. Dropbox saying the files can't be found.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention, alf007! Feel free to post any other questions you may have and I will be happy to answer them. Yes, I did get a notice from DropBox indicating they would be stopping direct links but haven't been able to get around to addressing the problem until now. Please try again and hit Download as directed at the end of the first paragraph of the Introduction section. I know this is inconvenient so by the end of the weekend I will be transferring all videos from DropBox to the site where the SLs are stored. The training page will be updated as the transfers are taking place.

Speaking of SLs, 133 was released yesterday. This release fixes a major bug noticed in our session this past Monday. When Disengage is used, all effects on all tokens are removed! For example, as our encounter wore on we noticed expended powers had mysteriously returned after a monster had been slain. The DM was not amused! There were no other significant bugs to speak of.

There were two major goals for this release. I looked through the code and saw a number of macros were coded inefficiently. Yes, they worked properly but only after doing a bunch of unnecessary things. They are now leaner/meaner with hopefully better performance. Dovetailing on that, the Grab family of macros (Choose Grabbed, Escape) have likewise been cleaned up.

I have also decided to set Speed=0 for Dying/Petrified/Stunned effects as a sort of house rule. The usual assortment of tweaks round out the release. Enjoy!

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Re: The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framewor

Post by smaudet2 »

Forgive me for asking a stupid question in here - is there a way to tag these threads as to-read? I wanted to keep a list of threads that I watch - but it appears they will only show up under "view your posts" if I comment on the thread itself.

StarMan
Dragon

Re: 133

Post by StarMan »

If I understand your question correctly, I don't think so. The icons on the left at the beginning of each topic description indicate whether you have replied to,read etc the topic but I don't think you can actively mark things.
StarMan wrote:... I will be transferring all videos from DropBox to the site where the SLs are stored. The training page will be updated as the transfers are taking place.
Sorry, it turns out I can't do this because my hosting site won't allow file sizes over 10Mb. I can count on one hand the number of videos that are that small! alf007 were you able to d/l and watch the videos? All broken DropBox links have been corrected AFAIK.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

For SL 134, Register Effect's Link==IncreaseExisting feature has been fixed, Show Effect no longer craps out when examining an effect-less token and Attack Power and a few other macros have been overhauled to hopefully be a tiny bit faster. Minor fixes to monster imports (like Variable Resistance being set as a No Action) have been made.

Improvements include the auto-running of Write Macros from Backup when the zero macro generation bug is detected. Just click any button in your Powers group (SL 135 will do this for ALL buttons) and the macros will be written automatically. Mass Surprise will now give output, Add or Remove Trigger won't prompt you for a runner on an Initiative event and Mass Set XP has been added to the root group. This last guy gives an easy way to set a whole party to the same XP level (via the OSP) if End Encounter goes awry or you need an easy and ad-hoc way to give a reward. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, SL 135 is now up and sporting some big improvements to the importer. The main one is the addressing of a very, very long standing shortcoming with the way buff powers are parsed. Up until now, most of them have been classified as Personal powers when in reality they may be a Close burst 5 with you or an ally (for example) being the target. You would then need to manually correct this in the Configure Targeting dialog ... which I'm sure everyone finds annoying. The detection phase for these powers are now much more inclusive although Leaders may still need to uncheck IncludeSelf for ally-only powers.

Ranges are now derived more accurately, NPC macro assignments are shown, Import Monster Power now just skips powers with mismatched parens and Import macros in general will now run automatically when ANY button is clicked, inlcuding MPB ones. It is therefore no longer possible to not complete an import because the Run Power macro will see that there are no macros on yourLib token and run the appropriate Import in response. If there are still no macros there, clicking any player token button again will run Write Macros from Backup for you automatically.

Other fixes include Convert to Spell (always run this on generated conjurations, zones etc) zeroing your defences, Move to Token now dismounting a rider at the right time and Spend Action Point registering the effect and state for NPCs as well. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey follow MPBers, some BIG news this time around: The framework has a new home! Some of you may have already discovered this by clicking on my sig below. Yeah the URL kinda sucks but the nice thing about it is they have given me unlimited upload size for files. That means the training videos are now directly runnable without the need for DropBox at all. The whole change was necessary because the orgfree people dropped me after I tried uploading said videos which was a violation of their terms. That is just as well because I am now happy to offer SL 136 as the first release this past week.

The two main stories here are the continuing cleanup of inefficient code as well as some needed adjust cents to the monster importer. You won't notice many changes as a user but the internals have undergone some major revision. The Effect text is a little longer now, Toggle Aura is now under the Toggles menu where it should be and Refresh States no longer broadcasts those annoying immunity warnings for NULL state effects. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 137 is now available and fixes a bad import bug where the ranges of effects were being miscalculated. Sure you can fix them manually on the fly but that isn't a big help for those who import with prompting off. A long standing import bug where macro titles end with "(" has also (hopefully) been fixed for good. As long as no encounter is running, the appropriate Import macro will be run when you click any button, if applicable. Unnecessary Property macros will no longer be created and Hybrids won't break the F4 process when they cancel out of the Striker prompt.

Improvements include Death Saving Throw calling Death as it should, Construct Rumble States now recognizes the "are {state}," pattern and Roll Init for All will run Activate RV on tokens you own. Minor adjustments and code cleanups round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 138 is now available and solves the issue of Register Effect not sending the AttackType variable to Damage (only relevant for us programmers), Use Shrouds no longer fails if the shrouded token is untargetable, Roll Init for All now sets ownership for NPCs, Equip Implement no longer prompts during Import when prompting off and Run Power now does a better job of determining the need for and Import.

Improvements include support for "Conditional CA" in Create System Effect, the addition of an Own macro on the Trap token, Activate Halo will now request a color if none is found at the end of a token name and Run Splash will run Choose Macro if an ABOS power is submitted to it.

The usual tweaks round out the release. Enjoy...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Well it has once again come time to close out a decade of SLs. Those who d/l 139 will find a big bug has been fixed if you like attacking with prompting off. It turns out Rumble Eval caused these users to always miss. Parse Monster Stats fixes a couple of bugs for conjured monsters, Use Shrouds no longer prompts for Size and Run Power sometimes ran Import at the wrong time.

A big improvement is the elimination of Roll Init for All. You may now turn off "NPC Prompting" and (assuming you properly own your monsters) they will automatically run Initiative when the first PC finishes doing so. SL 140 will eliminate the need to check ownership. Import Magic Item handles weapon templates a little more smoothly, programmers may now use the Highest macro to get the property with the biggest value, Send Macro no longer needs a library token (will look on receiver's), Processing Block will use the Toggle d20 Choice Mode for re-roll situations and Find Closest now filters out object tokens.

On the replacements efficiency front, I think I have squeezed out every ounce of performance I can but will continue looking. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 140 is now available but is mostly slight performance improvements. The biggest change is that the little healing dialog which pops up during import allowing you to select the type (HP or Surge) has been eliminated. Considering an effect editor window pops up right after it, I deemed it redundant. You will also now be asked to run Toggle Mount if force moved while mounted to account for the fact you may simply be moved to a different square on your steed. Add or Remove Trigger will now longer allow duplicate entries, Apply Functional Template will no longer crash at the end and a big bug in Format to PC Power has been fixed which was misinterpreting a trait power as an attack. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 141 is now up for grabs. A big bug fix is the crash when trying to add a Surge effect as well fixing some monster import issues. Monsters with a Reach power will now use the proper range when importing, powers which begin with the name of the monster will no longer be skipped, ReactionZeroHP triggers will be properly coded and CurrHP effects should stop materializing when no healing power is being imported. Perhaps most importantly, Insubstantial and Phasing will be added to your Activate RV if present.

There are no new features to speak of unless you want to count Create System Effect offering "Ignore Cover" and "Ignore Concealment" choices. Toggle Targetability will now work on object tokens and Choose Lib Token will now allow you to choose TOKEN if no Lib token is present. Minor code reductions round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 142 arrives on the scene with a couple of nice improvements for trigger fans. First, you can check the new Define Trigger box in the power editor to do just that. The RACK macro will then not automatically define one for that particular macro. Secondly, when defining Damage and OpportunityAttack triggers you may now use Append RE Block to add Attacker and Wounded blocks to those macros. In coming releases, this feature will be expanded for more variables under other trigger types.

Another big improvement is the detection of "entered on" close burst secondary attacks. These will now be automatically set as Splash powers for your monsters. Bug fixes include Edit Properties->Contributing Effects not displaying Mod=0 effects, Format to PC Power does a slightly better job of dissecting a monster attack power, the issue of non-"No action" triggers running under inaction states has been fixed, Processing Block now does a better job of determining when to send Choose Basic Attack and Use Shrouds now properly increases StrikerDamageDice for multi-digit shroud bonuses.

The usual assortment of minor tweaks round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 143 is another one of those releases containing a preponderance of "I can't believe this bug has gone this long without being noticed." situations. :oops: The biggest one is where Attack Power crashes when a critical is rolled. This is very strange because I'm pretty sure my group has gotten a few in the last few weeks. Another strange one was Aura Attack not showing you the actual macro output. Validate Token Ownerships has now been fixed to give the DM ownership of all NPCs like it should. Remove Effect will now properly return a spell token to its (or your) Lib: if not sustained. Lost count of how many times I've fixed that one! Finally, End My Turn will stop sending Round X macros to the DM unless said macro actually exists on the Info token. Phew!

The big news for improvements is that I have finally gotten around to adding a Spellbook function. Wizards and Mages rejoice! I thought about calling it The Wizard Wizard but that is obviously too corny. You will be led level by level through spell preparations at the end of an Extended Rest. Import PC Power->Define Trigger no longer asks if you want to add/remove (it now knows addition is being done) and the Splash box will be filled in for you if a power has a centred secondary attack. Toggle Aura no longer errors out if one isn't found, Send Macro does a better job of handling Lib-less macro names and Validate Token Ownerships will now ask what the maximum separation (in squares) token separation will be in the encounter. This defaults to 20 but you can increase that for really big maps. This is a performance saving measure (i.e use the lowest number you can) and is stored in TempHP. For example, if your encounter is taking place in a 10x10 room and there is no chance of the monsters and party leaving before it finishes then you can set this value at 10.

Enjoy!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”