Fully Managed 4e Token

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

crestedpenguin
Kobold

Re: Fully Managed 4e Token

Post by crestedpenguin »

Aye crud I just copied the wrong DM Lib in. I really should just delete the darn thing. Sorry for crying wolf.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

crestedpenguin wrote:Aye crud I just copied the wrong DM Lib in. I really should just delete the darn thing. Sorry for crying wolf.
It's okie. I really did need to clarify the original post anyway. As it still mentioned the new links because of corrupt files in gallery and the DM token update wasn't as obviously pointed out.

WOLead
Kobold

Post by WOLead »

Is anyone else getting a long "upload" time when using the macros recently? Its really noticeable(~15-25 seconds) when I switched to b54. Going to test it on b55 in hopes it was just due to that version.

tektonik
Dragon

Post by tektonik »

check your stack size?

(recognize you from charop)

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

WOLead wrote:Is anyone else getting a long "upload" time when using the macros recently? Its really noticeable(~15-25 seconds) when I switched to b54. Going to test it on b55 in hopes it was just due to that version.
Which macros? Or is it all of them? I test the macros when ever I see a new build to make sure nothing got broken and I never noticed a slow down. The inventory macros are based on single StrProp so the larger they are the potential is there for them to go slower if you have a HUGE inventory and I say Huge because I did a stress test with every non magic weapon/armor in the PHB in one char's inventory and no noticable decrease in speed so I figure it should be good for average player since it was well over 50 items and that wasn't including then non-combat stuff which is in separate StrProp.

Of course since I don't run them on a regular basis these days so I might not of noticed an overall slow down when I tested them. :P

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

Now taking Request ;)

Seeing as I haven't had as much time as I would like to work on my token as well as play D&D I haven't really been able to keep up with what is going on. I have some limited free time now so I am trying to figure out what to prioritize on. That being said I was wondering a few things.

1) First off are there any bugs or such that are still lingering with the token? I know I try to fix them with updates but since I haven't updated in a long time I might of had some that never got fixed.

2) Given the vast amount of new content released since New Years for D&D 4e I was wondering if there is anything missing that you feel should be added.

3) Any request for improvement to existing things as they are now?

I would like to get some input from the community on which direction to go cause while I do have some ideas of my own most of them involve a major overhaul to the token which I figure I'll work on when I get a lot of spare time. And I would rather focus on areas that have more urgent need for improvement.

EDIT: It's been 3 days and no one has any suggestions? Either my token is without need of improvement :) or no body uses it anymore so they don't care :(.

Either way I've started work on something new. I hope to have it done and posted in forums by this weekend. Hopefully I don't run into to many problems ;).

WOLead
Kobold

Post by WOLead »

Cleared out the inventory a while back, Pyromancer, and that did it. Thanks.

Went and updated the 2 macros I posted before, for the power-like showing in MapTools. Just really cosmetic changes over the sheer work Pyromancer2k has put into this framework.

Again, to turn these basic macros into new powers is to adjust the variables at the top to fit your new power. Powers with Secondary and Tertiary attacks are best simply added on as another macro to use right after the primary attack.

New feature of showing the damage rolls for when "SeparateDamage=0". So while powers such as Twin Strike or any power with Multiple attacks and separate damage rolls won't see a change, normal style attacks can see what the base rolls for damage was, as well as their Critical Damage roll. I have yet found a good way to introduce this feature to the coding when "SeparateDamage=1" just yet.

Note: Unlike the normal setup of Critical Damage for Pyromancer2k's style, these macros require you to type in the full dice damage the weapon does.
The advantages of this, is that you can add the extra critical damage that may occur, such as High Crit properties, directly in the CritDamage of the Weapon or Implement.
The other advantage is with Weapon/Implement Expertise. Its more of a work around, but simply increase your EnchantBonus by +1/+2/+3 depending on the level, and subtract the same amount from FeatDamageBonus of the Implement or Weapon properties. While Weapons could get away with increasing the ProfBonus, Implements had no good way of applying their Expertise feat in the original attack macros.
Again, EnchantBonus has no effect on CritDamage with these macros, so adjust the CritDamage accordingly.

Basic Weapon Attack Macro
http://www.savefile.com/files/2113777

Basic Implement Attack Macro
http://www.savefile.com/files/2113724

@Pyromancer
Even a month later, I can't really figure out anything that desperately needs to be put in that my group who uses this framework hasn't found a way around. At worst, possibly a way to work in rerolls for Brutal 1/2 and the like. Or a method of applying Implement Expertise to Implements as a part of the Inventory Setup.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

WOLead wrote: @Pyromancer
Even a month later, I can't really figure out anything that desperately needs to be put in that my group who uses this framework hasn't found a way around. At worst, possibly a way to work in rerolls for Brutal 1/2 and the like. Or a method of applying Implement Expertise to Implements as a part of the Inventory Setup.
That's good to hear.

As for brutal MT already has a method for handling rerolls. Some of the documentation got lost on the main site in the move and haven't been able to find it again. Including the list of dice rolls. I know most of them so I don't need a reference but it makes it hard for newer users.

The format is #d#r#. The number after the r is the lowest allowed roll. Since brutal does it based on what number and lower you are allowed to reroll a weapon with 1d8 and brutal 2 would be 1d8r3. You can enter that in the weapon damage. I tested it long time ago when brutal first came out and made some mention of it when the question first arose. It's probably lost now somewhere in this LONG thread ;).

As for Expertise that is a bit tricker to implement into the Inventory Setup. Cause it would be more of a flat damage bonus based on weapon type which Inventory doesn't really track and would require a bit of rework which not sure I wanna do. Especially since I'm kinda thinking of abandoning the current setup in favor of my new Inventory API which I posted in User Creation section. So others can easily add to the framework like you have. I haven't done extensive test with it yet so not sure how it holds up to large amount of data. I kept my current inventory system for so long cause even with over 100 items in Combat inventory or other inventories everything ran fairly smoothly and fast. Something I'm rather proud of cause none of the others came even close. Not sure how they are these days though as I haven't had the time to dissect them. But my inventory setup is rather difficult to decode for those not use to programming. Where as the API has a bunch of function calls to get stuff out of the data structure easily.

I've always wanted to make things kinda easy for others to edit and make their own changes if needed. I plan to do something similar for skills and bonuses. It's gonna take a bit of work which I don't have time right now.

However if you wanna figure out how to put the expertise in someplace yourself here is an equation for it since WoTC did weird setup of +1 to start and increase at 15 and 25 :P.

Code: Select all

[max(1,ceiling((level-4)/10))]
Rest assured though when I do get around to changing the stuff over though not to much should change from the end users view point. And from coding side it should open up more options. It will be the 2nd time I've done a total overhaul of the token though. The first token was simply called Basic Token then I changed it to Player Token and even though much of the code change all the old macros remained in name and how they functioned. But the changes were what allowed me to do things like the customizable statsheet as well as other things along the way.

And I'll post the API's as I finish them so I won't get around to overhauling until those are all done :). But until then I still support the current one.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

I've been away for quite a while now and when checking in it seems there has been some change in the way Maptools handles to tokens. As a result when trying to load my tokens into 1.3b67 or later it gives an unexpected error message.

Luckily I was able to figure out a quick fix for the tokens. I tested them in b67-b68 and they seem to work perfectly fine. Assuming people still use these tokens and not the new "fancier" ones let me know if you encounter any problems.

Here is a copy of all 3 tokens and the campaign properties file.
http://rapidshare.com/files/394636247/4eTokens_b68.zip
or
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6399047/4eTokens_b68.zip

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

PyroMancer2k wrote:Some of the documentation got lost on the main site in the move and haven't been able to find it again. Including the list of dice rolls.
Are you thinking of this page?

I generally need to visit the Sitemap page and then click on the Documentation link because I forget where it is all the time, too. And unlike you, I don't have them all memorized!

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

Azhrei wrote:
PyroMancer2k wrote:Some of the documentation got lost on the main site in the move and haven't been able to find it again. Including the list of dice rolls.
Are you thinking of this page?

I generally need to visit the Sitemap page and then click on the Documentation link because I forget where it is all the time, too. And unlike you, I don't have them all memorized!
LOL yea that has the information on it. That post was over a year old though, shows how long I been away :P.

Though that's kinda hard to find on the site it's 3 clicks deep. Click Tools, then Maptools 1.3, then documentation. It seems like it's make more sense to also have a link under the tutorial table with all the other 'help' type links.

Some of the documentation pages like that were kinda hidden at the time and not easy to find or weren't added immediately after the site swap. Like I recall one of the pages on the old site had some nice basic HTML command examples also some other functions like bitwise operators and different math expressions. But the nice wiki had been started before the site change so a lot of people, including myself, had begun using that more heavily as it had some of the info at that time. I did a quick search on wiki and it seems that the dice options are also posted there now.

http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Dice_Expressions

But anyway my tokens are setup so you can use any of the dice expressions in places where it calls for dice roll such as weapon damage, crit damage, healing, or etc.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”