Fully Managed 4e Token

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Re: Fully Managed 4e Token

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:
While we are on the topic though, I managed to load the tokens and the campaign files. They work fine as far as I can tell, but the macros seem to be confined to the tokens (i.e. there are no global macros). Is there some way to make those buttons appear outside of manually imputing them?

Thanks so much!
Any macro can be drag n dropped from one macro panel to another. So when you have the token selected you can drag n drop the macro button from the selected macro's panel onto either the campaign or global macro's panel. When you do this though you have to check the macro's options and make sure Apply to selected it checked. It's one of the options in the lower left corner on the macro edit window. This means it will take any variables and us it from the selected token. Otherwise it acts as if the macro is completely independent of any token and will prompt for any values not defined on the token.

There are of course several macros which are universal to all tokens which would work fine as campaign/global macros but some like powers should still probably stay local to token. I also left them local so people could customize their setups. I have 3 different macros for doing healing. And the same goes for damage/TempHP. Because different people preferred different prompt/macro setups. Just thought I'd let you know cause not sure if your just setting up for personal use or if your planning to set it up for group.

I must also warn you that as a result of the my tokens being made before Lib:Tokens came into play I wasn't able to "plan ahead" on it and as such several macros are unique to PC and NPC tokens. Even simple things like how Healing and Damage are handled differently because they store HP and other variables differently. This is also due to the fact my token has been around a while and gone through many versions of MT where at one point I simply dropped the token which was called Basic Token and replaced it with Player Token. Many of the macros from the user point of view remained unchanged but how variables were handled behind the scenes under went a huge revamp. This was to allow for new features such as the customizable stats display among other things. During the revamp the monster token stayed with the old properties setup and since Lib:Tokens were not around there was no reason to have a uniform property setup between the two Token types. Even after I added the Lib:DM token I figured it wasn't that important so I let it slide in favor of working on other things. ;)

All things to keep in mind when copying them to global/campaign panels.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:EDIT:

Also, when making new tokens, must I take the base "4e monster token" and edit it, or is there some way of taking that "4e monster token" template and applying it to a newly created token? I am as of yet still unsure about how to manage MT stuff.
You were editing while I was posting ;).

You have to take that Monster token and edit it. That is why I made the setup macro which gives you a prompt for editing it's stats. It shouldn't be to difficult to quickly spit out the stats for a new monsters. MT doesn't really have any way to apply one token setup onto another.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

Wonderful. You have helped me quite a bit. I will try to take it from here using the forums, but I wanted to thank you once again and mention what great work you have done with all of this. It is very impressive.

Danke schön~

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

Sorry, back again ^^;;

On your first post you have a nice screen-shot of your "Input values for 4e monster token" with lovely drop down boxes

However, when I attempt to set up a monster the input boxes I get look nothing like the screen-shot.

Rather, I get a series of boxes appearing one after the other:

Input value for level:
Value for: MonsterTypeList
Etc, etc.

No matter what I put into the box it keeps showing me the same box "Value for: MonsterTypeList"

I was wondering a) if there were some way to change the GUI to reflect what you have on the forums and b) if that is not an option, how to get around this roadblock.

Edit: I think this is because the properties of the monster token and the campaign properties defining what a monster token is don't match (the monster token's properties match the basic properties in the campaign manager. How do I tell a token it is a certain type? (4ePlayer/4eMonster/etc)

Edit 2: Never Mind ^^;; I am clearly blind. I found where I need to go to edit the token properties and low and behold everything works once I make it a monster token. Sorry for the false alarm.

Many thanks!
Last edited by qualms101 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:Sorry, back again ^^;;

On your first post you have a nice screen-shot of your "Input values for 4e monster token" with lovely drop down boxes

However, when I attempt to set up a monster the input boxes I get look nothing like the screen-shot.

Rather, I get a series of boxes appearing one after the other:

Input value for level:
Etc, etc.

No matter what I put into the box it keeps showing me the same box "Value for: MonsterTypeList"
NP. It's funny being a little out of practice with MT myself cause I been so busy I made a mistake I think you also made. Rather then loading up a campaign I simply put the tokens on the map to replicate what you were doing and then tried to run the setup and thought what?! Why isn't it getting the values when I realized I forgot to import the campaign settings ;).

The campaign settings file needs to be loaded first for the tokens to work ;). You do that by selecting the Edit menu, campaign properties. In that window there is an Import button press that and select the file that came in the zip with tokens then hit ok. Once that is done should see all that states under the States tab, as well as the token types on token properties tab. After that is done everything should work fine.
qualms101 wrote: I was wondering a) if there were some way to change the GUI to reflect what you have on the forums and b) if that is not an option, how to get around this roadblock.
Unfortunately the popup input boxes are hard coded into MT. They recently changed to have the MT logo and that in B51 so they look a little different if that is what you mean.

If you are referring to dialog boxes I originally had 2 different text setups for those but was a pain to maintain so I stuck to one. If you could be more specific as to which windows don't match or include screen shots of your display I could point out how to change them if it is possible.

You can tell the difference as the input boxes won't let you do anything else until you hit OK or Cancel. The Dialog boxes you can move around and still do other things while they are up.
qualms101 wrote:
Edit: I think this is because the properties of the monster token and the campaign properties defining what a monster token is don't match (the monster token's properties match the basic properties in the campaign manager. How do I tell a token it is a certain type? (4ePlayer/4eMonster/etc)

Many thanks!
Yea problem is most likely from properties not being setup right. If you double-click on a token and bring up the edit token window there is a Config tab. Under that tab there is an Option called Properties which brings a drop down list of all the token types available. It should have the 4eMonster one set. Any players should use the 4ePlayer setting. The 4eToken is actually an old properties set from before the Player Token when I supported both PC tokens. Player Token is much more advanced then that old one and I just never bothered to remove its properties from the campaign settings file in case anyone was still using it and didn't want to xfer all their char stats over.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

Thanks! That fixes everything.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

Things are going along nicely (to answer your earlier question - I am creating this for a campaign I am running) and I think I have just one more question for you. If I were interested in either changing or adding some conditions to the wonderful collection you already have, how would I go about doing that? In the tutorial online it only goes over adding simple shapes (such as crosses or circles) and I would love to be able to add some of my own status icons to your impressive list.

Thank you for all of your help and your patience in aiding this rather helpless beginner ^^;;

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:If I were interested in either changing or adding some conditions to the wonderful collection you already have, how would I go about doing that? In the tutorial online it only goes over adding simple shapes (such as crosses or circles) and I would love to be able to add some of my own status icons to your impressive list.
Yea the tutorials are rather out of date. The person who made them is waiting until MT 1.3 is finalized since things are constantly changing ;).

As for the states those images were made by AidyBaby and can be found in his thread. But if you wanna put in your own it's rather easy. When you create a new state select the Grid Image under Type. Then on Grid Size choose 3x3. Next under the Image: line click the browse and find the image you want. When you have everything setup you click Add and that's it.

If there is a 4e State though that is not in my set and AidyBaby hasn't made it I know he does request. He has made a lot of state icons from request.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

I know what you are talking about, but for some reason it isn't there on my campaign. Rather I get this Image. Is there some other way to access that menu or is it a .b52 thing? (I am using .b50)

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

Oh your looking in the wrong place. It's under the campaign properties where you import the file. The tab labeled States. It should look like this.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

XD thanks. Though powerful, MT seems to taunt me by making me forget where things are ^^;;

I have been making much progress and ::fingers crossed:: I won't have to bother you again.

You help was much appreciated~

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:XD thanks. Though powerful, MT seems to taunt me by making me forget where things are ^^;;

I have been making much progress and ::fingers crossed:: I won't have to bother you again.

You help was much appreciated~
It's ok I don't mind answering questions :). I've even written whole complex macros to answer questions like the can you make a card draw macro setup ;).

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

May I ask what the Lib Token Name tool is for? You don't have it listed in the 1st post...

Also, on the monster sheet you have Immune Resist and Vulnerable as properties. What are the correct variables regarding damage type? Fire = Fire? Cold = Cold? Etc?

Edit: Never mind on the immunities, etc. I figured out that they are strings, not variables. ^^;; I am getting better, but I am still a little slow on the uptake.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote:May I ask what the Lib Token Name tool is for? You don't have it listed in the 1st post...
That's cause I didn't have the Lib:Token when I wrote that tutorial/explanation ;). But it doesn't really effect the end use of the tokens which is what that is mostly there to explain.

What I mean by that is the Lib Token is merely a place to hold macros which the other tokens call. This is handy for two reasons, the first being that the devs saw fit to make curtain functions which they don't want players being able to use in their macros with DM permission as "trusted" which means they must be on a Lib:Token in order to work. The other reason is just for easy of use. Say you have standard 4e group size which is 5 according to WOTC. Each time I change even a single macro that means you have to update 5 tokens. Now just imagine if I updated several macros and updating your tokens because a bit of a pain.

Well since all the tokens call their macros from the Lib:Token all you need to do is replace the Lib:Token and all the macros for your Player/Monster tokens are updated. That's is why I only needed to update the Lib:DM token to 1.1.2 for those people using B52 and no changes were made to Player token. The only macros that aren't really called from Lib Token are the power macros cause they are unique to each token. I had plan to change that was well but never got the time :P.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

One more (and hopefully final question): for the Inventory editor, regarding crit ranges, is this a variable which is used for attack rolls and the like or is it merely a string?

For instance, if I were to put CritRange as 19, would that give me crits on 19-20?

A thousand thanks and more~

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”