Fully Managed 4e Token

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

kazinsky
Giant

Re: Fully Managed 4e Token

Post by kazinsky »

qualms101 wrote:For instance, if I were to put CritRange as 19, would that give me crits on 19-20?
I'm pretty sure that the CritRange prop will use the number as the minimum roll to accept a critical. This means that you're correct, inputting 19 will take 19s and 20s as critical hits.

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

Coolness, Also. Regarding the Lib:DM token, how do I make it so that connected players have access to the commands which call from that token?

Edit: I fixed the Lib:DM issue, but now I have found that none of the (PC) attack commands work when my players try to use them. How do I fix this? What happens is that the macro appears in the chat window, but they are unable to send the message (and so they get nothing but gibberish on their end).

Edit: Never mind, my players hadn't unchecked insert similes. This was a problem ^.~

qualms101
Kobold

Post by qualms101 »

So, back again ^^;;

I have a question about the labels you have for your tokens (in particular, the PC tokens).

Some of my players didn't like the layout of the buttons (aka wanted encounters above dailies, etc) and so wanted to change some of the labels you had for your macro groups. The changed groups we have are as follows:

1: Combat Actions (from 1:Combat Stats)
2: At-Will
3: Encounter
4: Daily
a1: Status Managers (from 1:Combat)

We also changed some of the Macro button names replacing (LIB) with '*' ex HP manager(Lib) -> HP manager*

Edit: So after some extra scrutiny by myself and my girlfriend we discovered the problem: Your code does indeed call the groups assigned the macros in the Short_Rest and Extended_Rest buttons on the Lib:DM token. By replacing the old groups with our own updated names we were able to overcome the problem. :D

However, when we tried using these tokens, for some reason we found that resting didn't work the way it was supposed to. Now, encounter powers/daily powers refuse to restore themselves after resting. In addition, the use of some macros cause (on some machines) the Selection window in MT to flicker uncontrollably (refreshing itself over and over).

I suspect there may be something on the LIB token which is trying to find the deleted labels on the PC token, however I have been unable to find the macros in question. If you could lend me a hand with this (or at least point me in the right direction) that would be wonderful.

Again, thanks so much (and for the record, everything else aside, your tokens have been working great)!

TK
Giant

Post by TK »

Pyro, I was kinda off doing my own thing with the powers, but I've decided it's much better to just work with you directly to get something that will integrate a big list of macros with your tokes. So, if you are interested in trying to get something to work together then let me know.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

qualms101 wrote: Some of my players didn't like the layout of the buttons (aka wanted encounters above dailies, etc) and so wanted to change some of the labels you had for your macro groups. The changed groups we have are as follows:

1: Combat Actions (from 1:Combat Stats)
2: At-Will
3: Encounter
4: Daily
a1: Status Managers (from 1:Combat)

We also changed some of the Macro button names replacing (LIB) with '*' ex HP manager(Lib) -> HP manager*
Ok the macro names with (LIB) in them are kinda a left over from changes I've made. Before I made the Lib token all the code was on the actual tokens. Well I didn't convert all the macros over to the Lib token at once. I did it over the course of like 2-3 updates as I recall. So that players would know which macros had now been transferred to the LIB token in terms of Code I put that on there so they would also know which macros on their tokens they needed to replace since I was phasing everything more to the LIB token format to reduce the need for individual macro updates to every PC token a player or group may have.
qualms101 wrote: Edit: So after some extra scrutiny by myself and my girlfriend we discovered the problem: Your code does indeed call the groups assigned the macros in the Short_Rest and Extended_Rest buttons on the Lib:DM token. By replacing the old groups with our own updated names we were able to overcome the problem. :D

However, when we tried using these tokens, for some reason we found that resting didn't work the way it was supposed to. Now, encounter powers/daily powers refuse to restore themselves after resting. In addition, the use of some macros cause (on some machines) the Selection window in MT to flicker uncontrollably (refreshing itself over and over).
Well actually in order to allow people as much freedom to edit and make changes to customize their macros as possible. As a result my tokens do tend to have multiple ways of doing the same thing as well as some odd setups at times.

The power tracking setup is kinda one of these cases as the tracking is tied to the button and not the actual power or macro code for that power plus it is actually in two parts. Mostly because the second part came out some time after the first. Originally MT didn't allow you to set button colors and such. So it was a bunch of gray buttons with black text. The way the power keeps track of if a power is used it tied to that list of numbers you give it marked as PowerID. This setup allows you to enter any macro code of your own and it still tracks the power usage. This section was the original though people wanted a way to visualize that the power was used. Which wasn't really possible until the addition of the Color on buttons. This new setup though requires you to tell it the button and in order to to make sure it grabs the correct buttons to reset their colors does it by group name as you seem to have already discovered. I could of had it do by macro name by that would of required every player to make a list of every power macro in that function ;).

The reason I'm telling you all this is because you seem to be able to figure some of the coding out on your own pretty well and so that you know the color changing of the buttons actually has nothing to do with the resetting of the tracker. And I'm kinda unclear as to what the problem is since I did a quick test and had no issues with changing the group name then editing the rest macros to match.

You say they are not resetting properly? Do you mean the color is not setting to what it should be? If that is the case then at the end of the rest macros is where you need to look where is matching group. If however after you rest it is giving you that popup this power has already been used then odds are you changed something you shouldn't have ;). The only thing I can think of is the Variables named EncounterPowersUsed and DailyPowersUsed you changed the start of their name to match your new group name which you shouldn't. Cause they are actually variables not the names of the groups.

As for the flickering issue I have no clue on that one. It maybe some new bug with newest version of MT. Can't think of any reasons that would happen though given the macro code. The problem with this is I don't really know what you changed in the macro. Your kinda vague and coding needs details cause the littlest thing can sometimes make a huge difference. You can always post the sections of code you edited so I can see what you did. ;)
qualms101 wrote: I suspect there may be something on the LIB token which is trying to find the deleted labels on the PC token, however I have been unable to find the macros in question. If you could lend me a hand with this (or at least point me in the right direction) that would be wonderful.

Again, thanks so much (and for the record, everything else aside, your tokens have been working great)!
To be honest I need a slight refresher on my own tokens ;). I've just been so busy lately with very little time to work them I sometimes have to go in and say how did I do that again. Part of the problem is over the months with all the MT changes I've rewritten several of the macros multiple times and completely redone the whole token once, which I might do again given all the new MT updates. And other macro changes I had planed to do so I can't keep which version is actually the current one straight.

That being said I can't really think of anything that is tied to the labels other then the button colors. The PowerID numbers which might be your issue need to be different for every power even if they are multiple use powers. That is edited in the macro and not the Label. But if you didn't have problems with it before I don't know why you would now.

The basic break down of how the power tracker works is fairly simple. In order to save processing I didn't use a long string of macro names which has it's own potential for problems i instead choose to track them with a single number. I use bitwise operators to turn that number into a long line of True and False settings :). This is what it checks at the beginning of the power macro and if it is true then it says the power is used. If it's false the rest of the macro runs and it sets it to true at the very end of the macro along with setting the color of the button to whatever Used color is.

When it resets the powers for resting it simply sets the number for encounter and daily powers to 0 and thus all false. And then it runs the code that sets the color for all the macros is that group to show they are ready. Aside from the color that has been the setup for power tracking since I first added it to the macro. Over time I changed where those values where stored and the setup of IF/THEN check on it but ultimately it hasn't really changed because it allows people to use their own power macro code which some people prefer. And other then color change issue when changing macro groups which I think was asked before but that's ok I know it's a long thread and finding info is sometimes hard but no one has had issues like the ones your describing which is why I'm kinda at a loss. And you said everything was working before you made the changes which is why I think it maybe something you changed.

Posting the actual macro code helps for these sorts of problems.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

TK wrote:Pyro, I was kinda off doing my own thing with the powers, but I've decided it's much better to just work with you directly to get something that will integrate a big list of macros with your tokes. So, if you are interested in trying to get something to work together then let me know.
Yea I'm interested. Though I can't be sure of how much time I will have at least for next couple weeks. I'm pretty much swamped this weekend leading up to GDC. Then I'll be out of town all next week followed by the need to do some major catch up work.

I mostly just stop in from time to time to help trouble shoot issue with my token. Though I do sometimes take quick look around at what else is going on. I can't really do much coding right now so other then potentially advice and some feedback I'm kinda limited on what I can do.

Though I have noticed everyone converting over to JSON from StrProp. Which one of the problems with this is the old input() boxes were written by the same guy who did StrProp so they handle them quite nicely but don't support JSON at all and all my interfaces are based on input() function. Even so I was thinking of a revamp on my Inventory setup using JSON promps. And if I do it right it will be extremely versatile. Basically it will be similar to the Non-Combat Inventory and Consumable Inventory setup tools I have on my token now only even more powerful.

My Handy JSON editor is kinda the basis for it. I don't know if you have seen it it got pushed to the bottom of the threads cause no one post in it but it's actually very powerful and useful. I tested it on DeviantNull's token today since he now stores his items in JSON objects and I was able to edit them without needing to use his interface or without even knowing his token setup at all. Just copied token in and started editing the items ;).

In case your interested the thread with it is here. It's actually pretty simple code that does a lot. I haven't really edited it since I first made it shortly after JSON objects were introduced. And the short test run I did doesn't seem to have any problems other then the list now seems to display lots of non-JSON items as potential edit targets but just don't select those token variables ;).

TK
Giant

Post by TK »

No worries if you don't have time now. Time is getting a bit tight for me too. I'll work with the others for now, and then once you have time we can revisit this. Thanks for that tip on your JSON tool, I imagine that will help make things a bit easier.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

PyroMancer2k wrote: My Handy JSON editor is kinda the basis for it. I don't know if you have seen it it got pushed to the bottom of the threads cause no one post in it but it's actually very powerful and useful. I tested it on DeviantNull's token today since he now stores his items in JSON objects and I was able to edit them without needing to use his interface or without even knowing his token setup at all. Just copied token in and started editing the items ;).

In case your interested the thread with it is here. It's actually pretty simple code that does a lot. I haven't really edited it since I first made it shortly after JSON objects were introduced. And the short test run I did doesn't seem to have any problems other then the list now seems to display lots of non-JSON items as potential edit targets but just don't select those token variables ;).

If you can spare the time, something that would be AWESOME is if your JSON editor could have a branch for creating new JSON objects. Perhaps a checkbox and combobox with "how many items to add" which opens a new window when submitted
that allows entering the keys. Then when that is submitted, another window comes up to edit the values for those keys.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

kazinsky
Giant

java errors when damaging/healing tokens

Post by kazinsky »

Hi Pyro2k. I hope that you're finding time to get the things you need to get done, done.

I just recently made a bunch of tokens for a new game that I'm doing. Everything seems to work fine, except for damaging & healing the tokens.

I get the following errors: (this is for Temp HP, Healing and Damage)

Code: Select all

net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: TempHP = max(TempHP, NewTemp)
net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: HP = if(HealingGained > 0, min((max(HP,0))+HealingGained,MaxHP), HP)
net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: TempHP = TempHP - DamageTaken
Is there something that I'm missing here that has broken this part of the token? I'm running 1.3.b53.

Thanks for taking a moment to help me. It's really appreciated.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

kazinsky wrote: I just recently made a bunch of tokens for a new game that I'm doing. Everything seems to work fine, except for damaging & healing the tokens.

I get the following errors: (this is for Temp HP, Healing and Damage)

Code: Select all

net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: TempHP = max(TempHP, NewTemp)
net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: HP = if(HealingGained > 0, min((max(HP,0))+HealingGained,MaxHP), HP)
net.rptools.parser.function.ParameterException: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal error executing expression: TempHP = TempHP - DamageTaken
Is there something that I'm missing here that has broken this part of the token? I'm running 1.3.b53.

Thanks for taking a moment to help me. It's really appreciated.
Yea that errors looks like the ones caused by parse changes in b51. I posted an updated Lib:DM token that should fix this problem. I didn't update the whole set because it was the only one that needed changing and some people don't update to newest MT version. Make sure you are using Lib:DM 1.1.2 which you can find here.
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031414
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/207052969/4 ... _1_2.rptok

The link to the file is also in OP.

kazinsky
Giant

Post by kazinsky »

Thank you, Pyro. I just didn't look hard enough. I thought that I had the most recent updates downloaded. That sure did the trick!

Good luck with business and your life. I appreciate all your work that you've done. (And my player's do too!)

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

kazinsky wrote: Good luck with business and your life. I appreciate all your work that you've done. (And my player's do too!)
LOL you make it sound like I'm leaving for good. I was only away for a while on a trip and though I'm still busy and can't spend much time on things here I still plan to do more when I get the time.

kazinsky
Giant

Post by kazinsky »

Actually, that was just a selfish plea to your ego in order to entice you to return to building out more kick donkey macro token goodness! :oops:

crestedpenguin
Kobold

Post by crestedpenguin »

Welp looks like b55 breaks damage/healing again :(

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

crestedpenguin wrote:Welp looks like b55 breaks damage/healing again :(
That's odd I just dnlded B55 and don't notice any problem. Do you have DM Token v1.1.2? I edited the OP to better clarify which files have which versions. The main file which has all the tokens also has the out of date DM Token and the separate link below it which has only the DM Token has the newest DM Token.

I tested all the DMG/HP macros in B55 on DM v.1.1.2 token and don't see any problems so the only thing I can't think is the issue is having old DM Token still.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”