4e interactive sheet & utilities

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: 4e interactive sheet & utilities

Post by Rumble »

Actually, there may be two things going on. Dumping to chat generally means that there's an error in there - an unterminated string, a missing ], something like that.

Having the impersonating-token window fill with some text, but nothing actually happen is more of a stack overflow issue.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

that's the weird bit, though- no error messages, the only thing that happens is the chat advances 1 line, with no characters actually showing up in chat.

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Jshock wrote:that's the weird bit, though- no error messages, the only thing that happens is the chat advances 1 line, with no characters actually showing up in chat.
This happened to me in b49. The solution was to hit Window - Restore Layout.
Running in b50 fixed it to.

Using Vista 32 bit though

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Rumble wrote:Actually, there may be two things going on. Dumping to chat generally means that there's an error in there - an unterminated string, a missing ], something like that.
'Cept there's not an error of that sort. I just used the weblaunch to verify my stack size (my home copy should be the default 2meg) and then DLed a copy of the campaign file I put up. It works for me. Also, they shouldn't be dumping to chat, most the macroLinks directly from the sheet output to none since they go to dialog boxes, so you won't even get chat spam on a failure.
Having the impersonating-token window fill with some text, but nothing actually happen is more of a stack overflow issue.
None of the macro's on the Lib:Token auto-execute. If you copy them to a token and click them, the chat window WILL fill up and do nothing (till you hit return). Auto-Execute wasn't playing nice with the way I did a few things so I disabled on all of them. They still run fine from macroLinks.

I'm totally at a loss aside from suggesting to try to up the stack size. I really don't know what could be different.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Sepp wrote:
Jshock wrote:that's the weird bit, though- no error messages, the only thing that happens is the chat advances 1 line, with no characters actually showing up in chat.
This happened to me in b49. The solution was to hit Window - Restore Layout.
Running in b50 fixed it to.
Yes, if the character sheet itself won't even open, MapTools may have eaten the window. Restoring the layout fixes it.

Alternatively, on the Lib:Sheet token the Sheet macro makes the frame. Editing it and renaming the frame, where it has frame("Sheet"), to something else should also fix it.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Yeah, that did it- thanks!

Debbin
Kobold

Post by Debbin »

First, this thing looks crazy cool. The sample characters and their sheets are amazing.

With that done, I seem to be having a problem setting it up for my own characters. I can get the character to show up as an NPC, but when I attempt to bring up the PC character sheet I get "Could not execute the command: null" I have little to no skill in any type of programming, so I am not sure what that means, or how to fix it. Is there something I am doing wrong, not doing, or am I borked?

Thanks for your help.

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Hey, DN... the HP code doesn't seem to show heath bars; is there some way to do this?

Debbin
Kobold

Post by Debbin »

Click off the hide selection in the state tab.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Debbin wrote:Thanks for your help.
Try editing the token and putting a single space in teh notes and gm notes.

I think there's still an issue with getNotes() that cause a null failure if it's empty. Like an idiot I put it in such a place where it calls it on a regular PC character sheet display and didn't realize the error till later. I think I have it fixed somewhat in the next version...

Debbin
Kobold

Post by Debbin »

DeviantNull wrote:
Try editing the token and putting a single space in teh notes and gm notes.

I think there's still an issue with getNotes() that cause a null failure if it's empty. Like an idiot I put it in such a place where it calls it on a regular PC character sheet display and didn't realize the error till later. I think I have it fixed somewhat in the next version...

That worked!!! :D :D

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Sepp wrote:Hey, DN... the HP code doesn't seem to show heath bars; is there some way to do this?
No real clue, I haven't mucked around with the HP bars. Been sorta busy learning HTML and all the other cool functions. :wink:

So, after a quick trip to the Maptools wiki... Heath bar support in the next update.

In the mean time, this is so easy you can do it from home (get your parents permission). Just add:

Code: Select all

[h: if(isBarVisible("Health") == 1, setBar("Health", (HitPoints-CurrentDamage)/HitPoints), "")]
To the end of the HealthRecord macro on the Lib:Dice.

edited: added the if so it only shows on tokens that have their bar on.

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

jfrazierjr wrote:Is it possible that there are different default stack sizes on the windows machine vs the linux machine? Try starting the jar with the java stack size set higher:

-Xss4M

That's should allocate 4M to the stack size which is more than likely enough, but if not, change the number to 8. You might also be able to readjust down to 2.

I seem to think he is working on breaking out his code to be more modular, which would help with this also.

Sorry for the cross post, but this resolved my Linux issue...
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Debbin wrote:First, this thing looks crazy cool. The sample characters and their sheets are amazing.

With that done, I seem to be having a problem setting it up for my own characters. I can get the character to show up as an NPC, but when I attempt to bring up the PC character sheet I get "Could not execute the command: null" I have little to no skill in any type of programming, so I am not sure what that means, or how to fix it. Is there something I am doing wrong, not doing, or am I borked?

Thanks for your help.
I made this up for my group, but I'll post it here. It should help.
Download the campaign file on the linked RP tools forum. This is for Windows. Linux reportedly has some bugs, see the RP tools thread for more information.

1 Open the campaign you downloaded. In Maptool, click File -> Open Campaign. The campaign is called Example, and is where ever you saved it to. Newer updates will have newer names.

2 Drag the blank, new token you want to work on onto the map, right click on it, and hit edit. (Don't try to update one you have saved things on before, it has to be blank. Make a new one with Token tool if needed. If you have made a token using this property set before, it can be updated, but it has to start in this; you cant use your old property sets.)

3 Make sure the token is PC, not NPC

4 On the Config tab, change the Properties from Basic to Enhanced

5 Right click on the token, State - Code - Character. Make sure it is checked.

6 On the Notes tab, enter anything into the notes area. A simple space or letter will do

7 You are done editing the token. Open the Window menu in Maptools, and hit Window -> Campaign.

8 With the token selected, run the Character Sheet macro in the campaign window.

9 If the Sheet doesn't open, do Window -> Restore Layout and it will show up

10 Enter data

11 Save token

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

jstgtpaid wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Is it possible that there are different default stack sizes on the windows machine vs the linux machine? Try starting the jar with the java stack size set higher:

-Xss4M

That's should allocate 4M to the stack size which is more than likely enough, but if not, change the number to 8. You might also be able to readjust down to 2.

I seem to think he is working on breaking out his code to be more modular, which would help with this also.

Sorry for the cross post, but this resolved my Linux issue...
Glad it worked for ya....note that this should not be the solution though. unless all .sh, .bat, and the .jnlp files are changed to use the same configuration, the problem will continue. The correct solution should be for module authors to know the minimum anyone may have and code against that. There are easy ways to work around the issue, but it takes some forethought (or a lot of rework). I would much rather it just "work" for everyone when done right than have to have tons of people have to do special tweaks to fix the problem. Also, Craig is actively working on trying to reduce the number of special cases which cause this problem in the first place and has already put in several patches. One more thing.... turn off Smilies if you have them on in your prefs, they also contribute to the problem of macro text parsing blowing up. (death to smilies!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

This should not be construed as a slam on the original author cause frankly the work he did is just plain of the hook!
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”