Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th & 5th editions)

Framework(s) for SR4, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Veggiesama
Dragon

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th)

Post by Veggiesama »

Latest schematic for anyone who is keeping track:
states_mouseover3.png
states_mouseover3.png (95.47 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
I'll wait a few days to see what ideas people have for weapons/ammo/shotgun. I'm more than happy to use the design Jshock has done (and Rumble contributed to), but we do still need a full auto state, and some idea of what to do with ammo/shotgun choke.
My D&D 4e Campaign FrameworkMy Shadowrun 4e Campaign Framework
RPGA#: 5223846427 — Skype: Veggiesama — Fear the ferret.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Veggiesama wrote:I'll wait a few days to see what ideas people have for weapons/ammo/shotgun. I'm more than happy to use the design Jshock has done (and Rumble contributed to), but we do still need a full auto state, and some idea of what to do with ammo/shotgun choke.

This might not be distinctive enough, but the military uses (or used) different colored tips on ammunition to represent different types: for instance, from this site:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... 3/appf.htm

One diagram shows armor piercing ammo as having a red bullet with a black tip, so something like this:
AP-round.png
AP-round.png (6.04 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Might work (or, modified to just be a bullet, not the bullet and casing). For gel rounds, use the "contains incapacitating agent" color which, if I read that right, is a purple band:
gel-round.png
gel-round.png (5.97 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

That's not bad at all. I'd still like to see a letter or short word printed on the body though, since the colors by themselves don't tell much.

So do we want to overlay the ammo type on the weapon mode image itself, or put the ammo off to the side somewhere? I like overlaying, but that means we'll have to remake burst and semi-auto to account for it.

So who's volunteering to do weapon/ammo/shotgun-choke modes? =P

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

I really dig your wound boxes for tracking damage on the pop up stat sheet, does it fill in automatically? If so, maybe if you could put the wound modifiers either inside the box or above it, that way it is visible and not required to be a token overlay. I can't think of anything for shotgun choke beyond text, low, medium, and wide or L, M, W if it is tall and narrow.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Yes, the |_|_|_| stuff fills automatically with Xs as you take damage. The total wound modifier is tracked in the Other row currently, as well as through the blood-drop states.

Ranger_Dan
Kobold

Post by Ranger_Dan »

Well if you could display the wound modifier for whichever damage is being tracked, physical, stun, matrix, vehicle.. on or above the boxes, even make a property to track it. Basically it is just another way to display it without taking up the real estate on the mouse over token image.

Coanunn
Giant

Post by Coanunn »

Ok, I'm in love. I have a religious ritual to go to this evening and my D&D 4th ed game to run on Tuesday and Thursday, but I'll be putting some time in this week to help with this.

Been using your D&D framework for 3 months now, time to give something back! My photo editing suxors bad but I'm sure I can find some way to be helpful.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

I bundled up what I have, now proudly presenting v14:

Code: Select all

v14
----
- added: alt attributes to images, in case they don't load
- added: states (many placeholders though)
- added: basic lights/vision for circular, narrow cone, and wide cone
- added: basic environmental colored lighting (partial light, thermal smoke, glare)
- added: small default map to display VBL and lights interacting
- added: grunt, lieutenant, and prime runner template tokens
- added: state button and dialog for applying states/lights
- CSS-ified the dialogs
- changed: bar colors & positions
- changed: condition monitor bars no longer appear if you're at 100% health
- changed: when using the rule of six, 6's are now brighter green
- fix: non-standard dice/thresholds are properly colored
- added: high pain tolerance to My Char
- added: gremlins (reduce # of 1s needed for a glitch)
- added: min glitch # (set the minimum die roll needed to count toward glitches, such as 2 on a rushed extended test)
- added: new ROLL MODE button that sets the output mode of all rolls (to self, to all, to GM, to GM & self), though it won't work on initiative rolls.
- added: wound mods can be automatically added to rolls (currently: None, Phys & Stun, and Phys & Stun & Matrix)
I need to edit the first page later today, because of outdated text and pictures.

If anyone was using an old version for an actual game, I can split apart the campaign properties, tokens, etc. into multiple files (so you can update easier), but I doubt anyone needs that right now. Please ask if you do, though.

I'm happy with most of the underlying code for now, not much "required" left to do. I want to concentrate on getting those states filled out now, so take a look at what's there now (STATES button) if you want to contribute. =P

Sometime in the future, THIS is going in. Then a whole new can of worms is gonna open up!

EDIT: Ah, crap. I forgot to fix a problem I had with initiative. I gotta go now, but I'll fix that later tonight.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Added v15 to the front page (with some updated pics). Please post or PM any bugs you find.

Code: Select all

v15
----
- fixed: initiative wound modifiers, broken tokens

Mr. Barnesworth
Kobold

Post by Mr. Barnesworth »

Hey all I'm new to using maptools and am in the process of creating a series of nested maps for the seattle region map for use in the SR campaign we've been playing for awhile.
This framework you've created is great. I'm excited by the prospect of using it in our game, I think it will really speed up the process since everyone in our group is still unfamiliar with the SR4 rules. Although I'm having a bit of a problem, and I think I'm not using the framework correctly. I downloaded and followed your instructions from the OP. Using the template characters you provided I was testing some of the other maps that I've made within the campaign. On the 'circuitboard' map the campaign macro buttons work fine, but if I move a token to another map within the campaign and press one of the macro buttons I get this error message "Error executing getPropertyNames unknown token Lib:SR4". I assume it's looking for your library Koala token which is loaded in the current campaign on the circuitboard map. Do I have some setting somewhere incorrect, or am I creating my tokens incorrectly ( I just saved one of the templates under a temp name using rightclick and then dragged them into the other maps)?
Since this is my first post I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed to this project. RPtools is exactly what I've wanted since I first started roleplaying. Thanks!

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Whoa, thanks Mr. Barnesworth! I can't believe such a huge bug slipped in. You've done everything correct: I messed up.

Framework v16
Library token v16

Since I'm guessing you don't want to restart from scratch, simply delete the koala token and drag the SR4_Library16.rptok file from your filesystem onto the map. That's the only thing that has changed.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Veggiesama wrote:I would *like* to put vision in here, too, but there are no functions for setting vision that I saw.)
Does setSightType() not work the way you want it? Note, I have not tried it, just going off of memory and the wiki.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Yeah, I figured it out, thanks to Rumble in a different thread. You can currently set light/vision/states all in one frame now.

TaoPirate
Kobold

Post by TaoPirate »

I downloaded Maptools on a fresh install today, and tried loading up your framework. I get the following error:

Could not load campaign.
com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: unknown code for read object at 0x50 (P)

I'm new to maptools, so I have no clue what that means. Any help?

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

I believe that error is caused if you are trying to load a bad mapfile. It might be corrupted, so try re-downloading it.

I just re-downloaded to make sure it the download link works, and it does.

Return to “Shadowrun 4e Frameworks”