Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th & 5th editions)

Framework(s) for SR4, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

TaoPirate
Kobold

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (Shadowrun 4th)

Post by TaoPirate »

I re-downloaded it, it seems to be working fine now, must have been corrupt. Thanks.

TaoPirate
Kobold

Post by TaoPirate »

Okay. I'm new to all of this, so maybe you can help me. I am GM for a game, and I loaded up the framework. i created tokens for all of my players, but when they connect they tell me they can't see the macros that should be coming up in the campaign window. Any suggestions?

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

TaoPirate wrote:Okay. I'm new to all of this, so maybe you can help me. I am GM for a game, and I loaded up the framework. i created tokens for all of my players, but when they connect they tell me they can't see the macros that should be coming up in the campaign window. Any suggestions?
Make sure when you start the campaign that "Players Receive Campaign Macros" is checked.
My D&D 4e Campaign FrameworkMy Shadowrun 4e Campaign Framework
RPGA#: 5223846427 — Skype: Veggiesama — Fear the ferret.

TaoPirate
Kobold

Post by TaoPirate »

Okay. I've got the server loaded, and everyone can see the buttons in the campaign window, but no one can use anything. Every time they try they get a message that says:
"Unable to execute macro from Lib: SR4"

Everything is working fine for me

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

how hard would it be to edit this to work for 3e?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Hi there,

nice work again ! It works nicely for the most part, but I have noticed something strange when using it with b62. In the Campaign macro box, the macros work fine, but their "icon" is missing (it shows a place holder graphic instead of the cool images shown on your screenshot). I made sure to download sereral times to make sure the campaign file is not corrupt.

Any idea what that could come from ? (I load Maptool with the following memory settigs btw: 512/256/10 and it works fine in general with other FWs).

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Got it,

the src points to an http: and Maptool would have to go through a proxy to get the image where I'm at right now.

Sorry !

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

I wonder if anyone is still using this framework?

Update v18:
- fixed: players can only roll dice on tokens they own
- fixed: dice mods can now accept equations ("+3-2")
- fixed: dice can be rolled without selecting a token, cleaned up dialog
- fixed: resized quick roll dialog box to better fit my laptop screen height
- changed: moved Ammo reloading from Rest macro to Ammo macro
- changed: hid the Shotgun / Ammo state modes until I can get some images for them
- added: tooltips to the campaign macros
- added: new Ammo modes for Arsenal weapons (high-velocity, minigun)
- added: new states for Unwired programs (Corrupt, Disarm, Purge, Nuke, X, Y, Z)
Should be working fine in Maptool 1.3.b68

dmazmo
Kobold

Post by dmazmo »

I would very much like to make use of it however I am unable to download it. Where is the latest version located Veggiesama?

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

First page of the thread. Or right here if you're lazy:
http://gevearth.pbwiki.com/f/SR4_Framework18.cmpgn

dmazmo
Kobold

Post by dmazmo »

Result prior to my post and again after your reply:

There is no file called SR4_Framework18.cmpgn on this workspace.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Veggiesama wrote:I wonder if anyone is still using this.
Veggie lives?

I certainly thought about using it about a month ago. Don't take this the wrong way, but I had some questions (which I've since forgotten), and thought it would be unsupported... So I put it out of my mind.

That being said I'm definitely interested in seeing it continue to be developed!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Alive and (mostly) well.

I am planning an offline game later in June, so I updated the framework to work with the latest version of MapTool, as well as fix some old (and new) bugs.

Right now it's got most of the features I want in a Shadowrun framework: a sophisticated dice engine, dice pool macros, states/lights, and temporary variable tracking (like damage boxes, Edge, Ammo). I do want to keep it simple though. Inventory tracking might be overboard, for instance.

Always open to suggestions though!

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Veggiesama wrote:Alive and (mostly) well.

I am planning an offline game later in June, so I updated the framework to work with the latest version of MapTool, as well as fix some old (and new) bugs.

Right now it's got most of the features I want in a Shadowrun framework: a sophisticated dice engine, dice pool macros, states/lights, and temporary variable tracking (like damage boxes, Edge, Ammo). I do want to keep it simple though. Inventory tracking might be overboard, for instance.

Always open to suggestions though!
And I appreciate that! I'm a fan of automation, but I have seen the downside of it too. It's hard to update and maintain, and when it breaks down- it sucks.

I have to be candid, I was very familiar with the premise and concepts behind Shadowrun, but had no practical experience. I bought the 4E Anniversery Edition and then sat down and looked at your earlier FW. I had questions, but I can't remember them any more.

However one impression I had was that one still really had to know the game really well in order to effectively use the FW. Now I'm sure that will engender a response of "No duh," from someone, but let let me expand on that. Thumbing through the rulebook it struck me that SR has a LOT of situational modifiers.

Rather than an inventory system, my first glance impression was that I'd like to see more modifiers that could be accounted for with the dice pools macros.

Now have mercy, I'm no expert in the game. I just bought the book in hopes of using the FW to help me run it online. I can probably give you more constructive feedback if I crack the book and brush up on it again,
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

dmazmo wrote:Result prior to my post and again after your reply:

There is no file called SR4_Framework18.cmpgn on this workspace.
Oops, you are right, I am sorry. Try now.

Return to “Shadowrun 4e Frameworks”