GhostOrb.com

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

rkathey
Giant

GhostOrb.com

Post by rkathey »

This looks like a pay-for-play site.

http://www.ghostorb.com/
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Interesting. Looks like it is still in beta, and is quite expensive. But the online community sounds like a good idea. I also like the character sheet inclusions, but ours will be more generic :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:But the online community sounds like a good idea
Communities are a must...not much fun with no one else ;)
trevor wrote:I also like the character sheet inclusions, but ours will be more generic :)
Enlighten... initial ideas/plans you may have? :)
Game On!

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

I believe generic is the way to go. Give your online comunity the ability to create mods for different games, then see what catches fire. It leverages your time and gives the rest of us geeks something to create and share.

Of course, coding generic is often harder the coding specific, but then you won't have to modify any code for D&D 4.0 :-)

I frequent other sites the are so tied to 3.5 that there is no way they could change course quickly for the next version much less another game.

Random thought time...
Regarding game specific mods supplied by your user community: is there a plan to open source user supplied js and character sheets as well? It might be nice to introduce some quality control and allow folks track bugs, supply fixes, and have a central location for downloads and documentation.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

I fully imagine a central place for people to submit their mods. Perhaps something like the way phpbb does mods: there's a list of all the mods, and the phpbb team goes through them and marks them "Approved".

trevor

Post by trevor »

Emryys wrote:
trevor wrote:But the online community sounds like a good idea
Communities are a must...not much fun with no one else ;)
trevor wrote:I also like the character sheet inclusions, but ours will be more generic :)
Enlighten... initial ideas/plans you may have? :)
Just what we've talked about before, about creating some type of lanugage or UI that would allow people to write their own character sheets. The properties would then be available via javascript in the chat window. Potentially we could allow javascript mods that could tie the character sheet to tokens. Still have to design that, but I could easily imagine it :)

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

the most generic you can get would be to just attach a zoomable image file, but this is not the most clever way to do character sheets, as resolution could be bad and filesizes would be big. also hard to edit.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Return to “General Discussion”