RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Re: Nice to meet you ...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am 
RPTroll wrote:
I guess i should say, "Welcome to the Bard's Guild!" :D

If you've got ideas and energy we'd love to have your help. We need convention folks with laptop/projector setups, people to spread the word on other forums, and folks to run demo games.

Alright, o Bard of RPTools-ness! I'll se what I really can do, and not just talk about. One thing that's really needed is to get one the first page of a google-search. I've read about it, let's see if an old geezer can do it as well. I will also bombard the swedish sites, but alas, there's not that many left. I've also noticed that the MapTool-Experts keep themselves to D&D 4e, Pathfinder and others alike, and don't show other applications of MapTool. (And if they do, it's just here on these forums). That might be changeable, (is that even a word? I'm too lazy to reach for the dictionary).

See you on Twitter! :-D
Ye Ol'e Wizzz

Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am 
Hello everyone.

I've been somewhat interested in roleplaying and I've read quite a few warhammer 40,000 books (and a few Gotrek and Felix (Warhammer fantasy) books). But I've never found myself doing it. Watching a video on youtube however really sparked my interest. If you're curious about what video I'm talking about, it's the itmejp warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy roleplay. Here's the link.

So as you can read, I'm a bit of a virgin when it comes to roleplaying, but I'm eager and willing to learn. I'm 30 years and I live in Denmark (gmt +1). So if anyone is interested in giving me a helping hand and roleplay Dark Heresy, I'm all up for it.

Thank you for your time.

Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 pm 
So I've made two post here and both of them haven't showed up. Does my posts have to be approved?

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:44 am 
Tayfun Aslanoglu wrote:
So I've made two post here and both of them haven't showed up. Does my posts have to be approved?

Yes, they do, but after 2 posts you're okay. Welcome to the forums.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:30 am 
Tayfun Aslanoglu wrote:
Hello everyone.

I've been somewhat interested in roleplaying and I've read quite a few warhammer 40,000 books (and a few Gotrek and Felix (Warhammer fantasy) books). But I've never found myself doing it. Watching a video on youtube however really sparked my interest. If you're curious about what video I'm talking about, it's the itmejp warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy roleplay. Here's the link.

So as you can read, I'm a bit of a virgin when it comes to roleplaying, but I'm eager and willing to learn. I'm 30 years and I live in Denmark (gmt +1). So if anyone is interested in giving me a helping hand and roleplay Dark Heresy, I'm all up for it.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome indeed. The general suggestion with the use of MT is to first use it as a virtual whiteboard to play a coupleof games. When you're used to that start drawing mass. Then vision blocking layers then some automated dice rolls and finally if you like you can check out my framework that is build for all the w40k rpg settings. Link in sig.

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm 
Hello all. I've been lurking from a far for a little while and I've now decided, it's time to take the plunge with this fantastic tool. I look forward to finding my first game and joining the community.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm 
Welcome!!

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

Kobold

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm 
Hello people.
I'm a cook at a small restaurant. I've been playing D&D since before I started school, probably an old-timer here (35) but still enjoy playing RPG's with my friends and family. Problem is time, Map Tool is great because it cuts out having to get together, set up, play some, then put everything away and go home. When you look at living 50+ miles apart, with very limited matching free time, it really makes RPing an option rather then a hassle.

I do side work as a computer tech and programing for a hobby. Always have been good with computers been programing since the C64 days, but found it to be too easy for a choice of profession.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 am 
Welcome Jake78. Your story is a common one here and I suspect the average age to be in the 30s. We're a friendly and helpful bunch, so feel free to ask questions.

User avatar  Offline
Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 pm 
Welcome Jake, nice to see another chef around.

most complete list of my maptool stuff

User avatar  Offline
TheBard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:16 pm 
Social Plug:

To the new folks: please add, follow, like, etc. the links in my sig. As an additional kindness, add rptools.net to your other forum dwelling's signature and posts to help direct traffic to our community.

Thanks,
Your Trollish Bard

SW Framework for MT

Kobold

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 am 
Hello all, I came here from Roll20 following a tile that linked to a gallery that was down at the time. Hi aliasmask, I sent you an email.

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm 
how are you doing everyone i am a long time rper but relatively new when it comes to using digital aids, i love maptools, because of the freedom it allows, I currently do not have a steady internet connection so i am not using Maptools to actually play but I am attempting to use it for map building for my sit around games

Kobold

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:04 pm 
I am from IT. Nice to see you all and looking forward.
me

Kobold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 pm 
Hello everyone.

I am a long time Roleplayer, and have been using maptools for quite a while, its been great, and i expect to keep using it for much longer!

Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next