Nice to meet you ...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

zuzul
Kobold

Re: Nice to meet you ...

Post by zuzul »

Already did Wolf42!
What a hell of a job you did. That's just amazing.

RPG GM
Kobold

Post by RPG GM »

Hey everyone. Avid RPer here for years. Stumbled upon this recently as we have been ditching the books and moving to a more modern way to play. I look forward to checking out everything that is going on here. Maybe even contribute once I see how these tools are written. :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi and welcome. If you like you can check out the top link in my sig to get you started.

by the way, just curious, how did you found out about maptool?

Nertht
Kobold

Post by Nertht »

Hi, my name is Peter. I´m 26 yo lad from Czech Republic. Working as a nurse in hospice. I´v got fantastic wife, red nose and one big dream. For last three years I´m still trying to make an MMO in Maptool. Something like Ultima online but closer to DnD. It´s insane amount of work. Maybe it´s impossible, but this idea is incredibly amazing and drives me away (sometimes crazy - heh crazy hospice nurse, good plot for horror story, isn´t it?). Maptool and his additives like wolph BoT is simply masterpiece. And I´d like to say one big thank you to whole team for hard work which was done.

Nevar
Kobold

Post by Nevar »

Fellow Maptoolers,

It's about time I joined a forum on this. I've been using Maptool since January 2009 after a bad 2nd edition D&D PnP experience. That inspired me to get some guys together over a (free) virtual game table with a vision blocking capability. The adventures started with simple macros and a D&D version 3.5 conversion of the 1st edition "Dwellers of the Forbidden City." It ended over a year ago with completing "the City of the Spider Queen." A new job, family, and kids puts the breaks on my DMing nights. My latest project is modest by comparison and involves linking a "choose your own adventure" style Word/PDF document to Maptool for tracking your character on a map of "the Isle of Dread" and jumping to other tactical maps to resolve encounters. I'm hoping to get this "fantasy mapbook" out for play-testing a some point - Maybe never ~lol

Keep up the good work folks!

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

Just started using it.

And just started hacking on code!

*disappears*

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

wolph42 wrote:welcome, and let us know if you need help!
Thanks. I've made myself busy trying to put together some ant build instructions for this.

Is the author not big on collab? Or have just not many people tried.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

and with author you mean...? the developer?

(if that is what you mean:) no actually various people have worked on maptools and even more have submitted patches. A while back it was mainly Azhrei who released new versions (mainly patches) while the team was working on 1.4. The team has disbanded somewhat and Craig picked it up again. You can pm him, quite likely that he'll answer.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

And we need developers. It's likely that 1.4 will take a turn to be more modular and we'll need help sorting through the old code base to reproduce the functionality that's there. The goal is to keep the functionality we have but open it to various kinds of front ends. We're still in the planning/conception phases but you can check out Craig's 1.4 something or other post for more info.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

RPTroll wrote:And we need developers. It's likely that 1.4 will take a turn to be more modular and we'll need help sorting through the old code base to reproduce the functionality that's there. The goal is to keep the functionality we have but open it to various kinds of front ends. We're still in the planning/conception phases but you can check out Craig's 1.4 something or other post for more info.
Interesting. Thanks, I will!

idle_ideas
Kobold

Post by idle_ideas »

sorry to do this on the 2nd post instead of the 1st, but hello everyone, we're the evil team behind mote :) we'll stop bothering you now.

peddlewin
Kobold

Post by peddlewin »

I thought I would finally say "hi". I've been helping with the new RPTools.net website conversion and flying below the radar. I'm very happy to see how well the new site turned out. Its great to see how dedicated people can be about their hobbies.

RPTroll is my current DM and if you read any of his novels you will notice one of my characters hiding within his writing (hint, he's the one who blows things up).

Our current group is now scattered across the continent and MapTools has allowed us to continue gaming despite geography. I still laugh when I get to tell people that I use software to play a pencil and paper game with friends.

I've certainly gotten more than I've paid for (hint, its free) so I would encourage anyone who likes the system to either help out in some way or buy a developer a beer the first chance they get.

Thanks, again!
"HC SVNT DRACONES" (here be dragons)

Return to “General Discussion”