Nice to meet you ...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Re: Nice to meet you ...

Post by Elyre_Elan »

Hello Everyone;

Been lurking around the forums for the past six months or so. Figured I'd better say 'hi' and introduce myself. Name's John and have been a DM/GM/Judge/player since early-to-mid-70s. Most of my friends and family have scattered throughout the world, so Maptools is a Godsend!

Currently working on a (rather primitive) Pathfinder/Wilderlands framework and having a blast putting together the tools to run it properly. The forums here have been an invaluable asset.

which reminds me: A huge Thank-you and Shout-out to all of you developers, forum mods and others who have put your heart and soul into this incredibly powerful gaming tool! You have given my friends and family new life for gaming-> previously a big hole that MMOs and other computer games have been unable to fill.

I'll continue to "lurk" but now I'm official! :)

John

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

welcome to the rptools forum. We hope you enjoy your stay :D !
You can find a link in my sig (at the top) which might be of some help to you.

ChocoNaga
Kobold

Post by ChocoNaga »

Hello everyone.

I'm learning basics on wikis. I think it will take a long time because of my short English ability. I want to learn while editing the Korean translation page. I have joined the forum to create a wiki account. Nice to meet you all.
p.s. thanks for google translation. :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

welcome to the rptools community. If it helps to get started you can check out the the first link in my signature.

Silken_akira
Kobold

Post by Silken_akira »

Hi,

just new with maptools and all that it can do.
hope to find a lot of help here.

sweno
Kobold

Post by sweno »

Hello Everyone-
I'm normally on the player end of things and have had a brief exposure to maptools from that side.
But I've been looking for a new open source project to help with and my GM pointed me in this direction : )
So here is hoping I can contribute something useful.
I have found the GitHub page and I'm waiting to get approval on the java programing board.
It will be nice to get working on something like this in my free time.

Antonio94
Kobold

Post by Antonio94 »

Hi everyone! I'm newbie here :D. I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
Currently I'm working on a RPG maker game project with my friends. I work in designing map - story - characters (we have few people so many work @@), and so i think it's better to learn more from people around. And so I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

Myrhdraak
Kobold

Post by Myrhdraak »

Hello,

Have been using RPTools since the start of D&D 4th Edition and I admire the work and dedication you skilled people have put into this SW. We may not play that often these days, but we always use maptools.

/Myrhdraak

digiacom
Cave Troll

Post by digiacom »

Been using Maptool regularly for about a year now. Been GMing on and off for over 20 years, but now that the only games I get to run are online Maptool is a huge lifesaver (and pretty fun hobby :) )

So, Hi! I've lurked the Github (author of exactly one patch ever, pretty much the extent of my Java capabilities) and been on the Discord for long enough that I've finally decided to participate in the forums, mostly to share my sort of remedial 5e framework with folks. I'm 'Melek' in Discord - chat with me anytime!
a.k.a. Melek on Discord.
Check out my Simple 5e Framework!

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

Hey all! Brand new to Maptool and the forum! I've got some light experience with D&D and would really like to get back into it. I joined the forums in order to chat, troubleshoot any problems that arise and maybe find people to game with.

So I've been using Maptool for a few days now and I think I almost understand it. I've gone thru almost every tutorial I can and I'm almost ready to host a game. Anyway, awesome program! Hi everyone! And thank you devs for all the great work!

P.S. Ok, I've got a two quick questions. So I created a test server as a GM using UPnP, opened up a second instance of Maptool and joined the test server as a player. My server was only visible in the LAN tab. Shouldn't it be found on the RPtools.net tab?

Second question: For some reason, the player had the ability to move around enemy tokens. I turned off ownership in the properties but the player could still edit and move the tokens. Any idea why this could be? Thanks folks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Welcome to MapTool.

If you don't specify a server name, then it won't show up in the list. When starting a server there a bunch of checkboxes. I usually check them all except for the shared vision depending on the gaming preference. Strict token ownership is one of the checkbox that prevents other players from manipulating your tokens.

moonmilk
Kobold

Post by moonmilk »

aliasmask wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:01 am
Welcome to MapTool.

If you don't specify a server name, then it won't show up in the list. When starting a server there a bunch of checkboxes. I usually check them all except for the shared vision depending on the gaming preference. Strict token ownership is one of the checkbox that prevents other players from manipulating your tokens.
Awesome! Looks like those were simple fixes. Thank you for the prompt response!

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

I think I forgot to say hello.. :?
But hello all!! I'm mostly a OSRIC/1E guy. I am certainly hear to read and lurk, as I don't often even attempt to use these tools, much less do it successfully. Maybe one day :D
But wanted to ensure I said hello and that I am here, just quiet. :mrgreen:
Be well everyone!
--Ron--

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Welcome to the forums Ron!

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

Thank you Phergus! Every time I hear the name Fergus, it reminds me of the old TV show Roar. :)
Thanks again for the welcome!

Return to “General Discussion”