You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Notsonoble
Dragon

You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you...

Post by Notsonoble »

Roleplaying, CBT, Console, or Computer... you know your gonna be there all day( or night) and you don't want grabbing food to take too much time away. So what do you bring with you? If you do take a break for a meal, what do you typically get?

This can be at home gaming, or in the shop gaming...
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you...

Post by Azhrei »

Heh. You mean "real food"? I often don't do that while gaming on the PS3. Chips, soda, usually small bite-size candy... (Man, if I were 10 years old my mother would kill me! ;))

If I need real food, it's usually downstairs and something simple: PB&J, nuked hotdogs, PopTarts, etc. I actually like cereal as a mid-day snack as it's nutritious and takes no work.

Thanlis
Giant

Post by Thanlis »

Don't laugh: Roger Ebert's book on cooking with a rice cooker is awesome. Rice cookers are great; you get the nice solid base of rice, throw in a bit of whatever, it'll keep warm all day without drying out.
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

Za.

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Azhrei wrote:Heh. You mean "real food"? I often don't do that while gaming on the PS3. Chips, soda, usually small bite-size candy... (Man, if I were 10 years old my mother would kill me! ;))

If I need real food, it's usually downstairs and something simple: PB&J, nuked hotdogs, PopTarts, etc. I actually like cereal as a mid-day snack as it's nutritious and takes no work.

Pretty liberal use of the term "real food" there Az.

Try a bag of the pre-packed carrots (the little baby ones), a good block of cheddar, a box of triscuits, a bit of summer sausage and a good brown mustard, all grab&stab kind of stuff, just cut off a chunk dip it in yumminess and chew it.

If I know I've got a group coming over I (used to) make a big pot of soup and warm a nice loaf of bread, but the group I just joined has a lot of dietary restrictions, so I tend to bring snacks & fruit.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Benz72 wrote:Pretty liberal use of the term "real food" there Az.
Yeah, I guess I should've put a couple smilies on that, eh? 8)

But I've never been good at self-providing good nutrition (meaning if someone else does the work I'll eat it -- and enjoy it! -- but I don't like making the effort myself).
Try a bag of the pre-packed carrots (the little baby ones), a good block of cheddar, a box of triscuits, a bit of summer sausage and a good brown mustard, all grab&stab kind of stuff, just cut off a chunk dip it in yumminess and chew it.
Those are all good, but those are not my "gaming" supplies. When I'm traveling on business I'll buy some of those to keep at the hotel: carrots + ranch dressing, crackers, etc.
If I know I've got a group coming over I (used to) make a big pot of soup and warm a nice loaf of bread, but the group I just joined has a lot of dietary restrictions, so I tend to bring snacks & fruit.
Well, I play exclusively online now. So large meals aren't likely...

madartiste
Kobold

Post by madartiste »

Similar to the rice cooker, if I want to make sure there's something hot and ready I'll throw together a meal in my crockpot or fix a pot of stew or soup that can pour into the crockpot and put on low. It tends to prevent me from eating a ton of junk and if anyone else is in the house, they can enjoy it too.
Crockpots are awesome.

Return to “General Discussion”