Bard's Guild (contains recommended logos!)

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Bard's Guild (contains recommended logos!)

Post by RPTroll »

Makes sense. Or maybe something like all leading (or something) desktop operating systems.

By the way, we've begun the migration to rptools.net. I'll be doubling back to get the translations I've missed and tidying things up a bit. We've also got a bit more work to do on the launch, download, and active servers pages before going live.

Cheers,
Troll
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I thought the quote was "Any Operating System with a Java runtime". At least, that was my plan. I'll check it later today.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:I thought the quote was "Any Operating System with a Java runtime". At least, that was my plan. I'll check it later today.
Perhaps a more accurate description would be any "Any Operating System with a Java runtime containing the Swing window manager sub system" or something like that.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hm, good point. Well, I will take a look later today when I get back to the office.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:The current side taglines of "Any Operating System... (etc)" makes me uncomfortable. There are two (likely to be most desired) O/S's that are not currently supported (iOS and Android OS). Maybe if it said "Any Desktop Operating System..."?
Where do you see this? I just scanned the main MapTool pages on the main site and don't see that phrase anywhere.

Thanks.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I see it on the sample site linked too on page 1 of this thread...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Ah, so that's something for The Bard and not me. :)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Sound the horns, beat the drums. My long nightmare is over!!!

The wife no longer hogs the computer all night working on an integration project so I can get back to work. Also, my novella is finally published so what free time I have will no longer be sucked into the writer's hole.

The phrase any operating system refers to the three biggies in the PC world - Linux, Mac, and Windows. For the ultra literal, I'll put a link from there discussing the supported platforms. This is a 'catch phrase' and those don't have to be ultra-literal. Otherwise you get a similar feel to prescription drug ads where we get to hear every side-effect imaginable.

Fair enough?

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Perhaps it's not the right thread but ... where are we on the new website, the translation etc ?
ImageImageImageImage

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

The guy over at Epic Words may be interested in some collaborative work. If you can think of anything to collaborate on, then I'm sure he would be open to it. Just FYI.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The translation product I was using turned into a pay-for product. I need to pull some money together and pay for it and continue onward. I feel rotten about it but that's the reason it stalled.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

@RpTroll : I thought that some rptoolers (including myself) were translating the texts from the new rptools.net website, based on a future new finished english version ?
Or are you refering to a tool which purpose is to handle the different translations ?

And then there was the question of new sub-forums, by language (one for spanish speakers, one for german, one for french etc.) ?
ImageImageImageImage

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I misstated. This is the tool that automatically displays the language used in your browser. You still have to do the translation yourself. I think I'll send an email to see if they'll give us a complimentary version of the software.

*Edit*
Email sent.

*Edit2*
Now investigating other translation software.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

RPTroll wrote: *Edit*
Email sent.

*Edit2*
Now investigating other translation software.
:lol:

Ok. I believe we can guess the software publisher answer to your request.

Thanks for your efforts, anyway !
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”