D&D map request on....

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

xTimx
Cave Troll

D&D map request on....

Post by xTimx »

the planar metropolis city of Sigil (this would be a huge map) and Waterdeep.

these two cities are our main base of operations. and was hoping if i can find a map made in photoshop or possibly MTs.

care to help out please and thank you?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: D&D map request on....

Post by neofax »

Check over on Cartographers Guild or Dundjinni. They may have them and if not, you can make a request.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Drej163
Kobold

Post by Drej163 »

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The Forgotten Realms Atlas has a full map of Waterdeep:

http://www.profantasy.com/fratlas/FRAtlashome.htm

It is very linked with various buildings and dungeons and castles etc. The FR Atlas is out of print, but dig around and maybe you can find a copy!
Attachments
Waterdeep.png
Waterdeep.png (30.48 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

lmarkus001 wrote:The Forgotten Realms Atlas has a full map of Waterdeep:

http://www.profantasy.com/fratlas/FRAtlashome.htm

It is very linked with various buildings and dungeons and castles etc. The FR Atlas is out of print, but dig around and maybe you can find a copy!
Yea... it is a very old product(circa 1998 or so???), but immensely useful if you are a big FR fan. It would be nice if WotC would license Profantasy for an update many people would LOVE to be able to use the base maps and update them as needed for their own campaigns.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

jfrazierjr wrote:It would be nice if WotC would license Profantasy for an update many people would LOVE to be able to use the base maps and update them as needed for their own campaigns.
If I recall correctly, the map was fan-created in the first place. Profantasy parceled out the work to a bunch of fans and they each took sections of the world to work on. A buddy of mine did one stretch of the continent that was sparsely populated so he got a pretty big section of it. It might be that Profantasy would be able to issue a "revised" map based on those same people doing updates to the pieces they had created earlier. That might be possible under the legalese in effect for the first go-round of the map...

Mortuis
Cave Troll

Post by Mortuis »

I know I'm really late to the game here, but it wasn't mentioned and it really is one of the best maps of Sigil I've come across:
http://www.planewalker.com/planar-basic ... rs-and-map

Return to “General Discussion”