maptool for a grandstrategy game? map of Europe?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Beron
Kobold

maptool for a grandstrategy game? map of Europe?

Post by Beron »

Hi all!

me some buddies are discussing to start an online campaign in the napoleonic era. the token are whole armies instead of single charachters and the idea is somehow to play the strategic part on the map, and solve the battles with a "total war" game (a mod of medII in the napoleonic era ,which we like better than the original napoleonic from creative assembly).

I am just having a look at these tools from here, they seem very flexible, so I have acouple od quick questions:

Is anybody playing some grand-strategy game through this tool? Or you know perhaps a more appropriate tool-kit?

Is somewhere out there perhaps already a map of europe?

thekossack
Kobold

Re: maptool for a grandstrategy game? map of Europe?

Post by thekossack »

Funny, I just ran across MT recently and had a similar thought - use MT to create a strategic wargame set in the Napoleonic era. I just spent the last few evenings cobbling together screenshots from AGEODs "Rise of Prussia" to create a map of central Europe (Main river to eastern Poland to Danube river).

My next task is to set VB lines on the map to prohibit scouting across rivers and mountains. Next, token sets for corps. I am toying with the idea of creating another token set (objects) for all the key cities/fortresses, which can then be given attributes (garrison, supplies, victory point values, etc).

I am totally a noob with MT, but I have been scouring the web for a toolkit to develop a Nappy campaign game, and MT seems by far the most promising.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've done something similar before. I used a referee computer as a server then attached to it as a player. I worked pretty well.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Beron
Kobold

Post by Beron »

Really very interesting.

would any of you share his work? I would be really interested, you can private email me.

I didn't quite get it, can the maptool support a "referee" computer as a server? are there automatisms, and if yes, what exactly does the referee player?

kind regards.

Return to “General Discussion”