Movies: Avengers

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Re: Movies: Avengers

Post by Xaelvaen »

I'm more of a Netflix/Redbox kinda person, than a 100+ people in a germ-infested room kinda person, and this movie is one I've been exceptionally eager for (right next to Captain America 2, which was my favorite of all the new-build comic book movies). Loki was done such a great injustice in Thor, and I've read that he is done rather well in Avengers - so hopefully that Director's Cut is a big DvD release - its a movie I might actually buy.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

The director has steadily refuted the existence of a Director's Cut. His last statement on the issue was "the theatrical version is the Director's Cut". I'm pretty sure all the talk of a director's cut came about when it was revealed that 15 mins was cut from the film and speculation about those 15 mins making it into a release somehow evolved from rumor to fact. Joss has repeatedly said that those 15 mins were cut for good reason and the final film is what he intended.

Coincidentally, there are 15 mins of deleted scenes on the disc of the film. Most of them are unfinished (requiring additional effects) and to get them into a release, money would have to spent finishing those scenes. I can't see that happening now, maybe a special (money making) edition later when they're sure they can convince fans to pay twice for the same movie.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Doesn't surprise me, honestly. Its Joss; he must kill things he touches. Spike, Wash, now a certain person in Avengers who shant be name so as to not overly ruin anything... Bah.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Xaelvaen wrote:Doesn't surprise me, honestly. Its Joss; he must kill things he touches. Spike, Wash, now a certain person in Avengers who shant be name so as to not overly ruin anything... Bah.
A friend told me that Wash was supposed to die in the series earlier, but he was too likable. I'm not sure what my friend based that info on though. As to the person in Avengers, I'm pretty sure they left the door open on that one. There are some (not so) subtle clues that he may not have died. Also, the reveal at the very end is one of my all time heroes/villains. I can't wait for the next movie.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

Xaelvaen wrote:Doesn't surprise me, honestly. Its Joss; he must kill things he touches. Spike, Wash, now a certain person in Avengers who shant be name so as to not overly ruin anything... Bah.
You might want to join the protest.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

You are my new hero, sir; I can't stop laughing at that site. I love Joss' work, at least the concepts and even writing - he just can't turn off the drama-works. If I liked social networking enough to facebook/twitter/whatever, I'd totally be there.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I'm expecting Coulson to come back as The Vision. Fury gave a hint when he said he lost is one good eye.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

RPTroll wrote:I'm expecting Coulson to come back as The Vision. Fury gave a hint when he said he lost is one good eye.
I don't know about that, I think he has a role in the SHIELD TV series.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Jagged wrote:
RPTroll wrote:I'm expecting Coulson to come back as The Vision. Fury gave a hint when he said he lost is one good eye.
Oh, I misread that. I thought he said IN the Vision, not AS the Vision which is a whole other story. I'm pretty sure those medics who showed up saved him and Fury lied to get the group together just like Coulson told him to do.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Jagged wrote:
I couldn't help but laugh here; I was like 'The Shield' ? That went off the air years ago; Michael Chiklis was awesome in that show... then it reminded me, the guy who plays Coulson was actually -in- The Shield as a bad guy for a couple of episodes - found that ironically humourous.

Anywho, I certainly hope the character returns - gotta agree with the Nick Fury lying thing. On a related note, not sure if you check IMDB, but it has a Nick Fury movie rumoured to be underway...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

On his wiki page, "He played Nick Fury in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Marvel's The Avengers, the first five of a nine-film commitment as the character for the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise."

Movies still yet to come out are Iron Man 3 (5/3/13), Thor 2 (Darkworld - 11/8/13), Captain America 2 (Winter Soldier - 4/4/14) and I'm going to assume an Avengers 2(2015?). That would cover the 4 movie deal assuming he's in all of them. I doubt Nick Fury would get his own movie and if he did, it probably wouldn't be played by Samuel L Jackson (assuming it'll be an origin movie from IMDB description). I would also doubt they end the franchise that way too. Avengers 2 would be good for a 4th of a July style grand finale of events. I also read they may do another Hulk after Avengers 2.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Wiki, IMDB, not like those sites are never wrong - guess we'll see in the long haul lol. Either way, I rather like him as Nick Fury - so now that Disney has Marvel, Pixar, -and- Lucasfilms, we can all watch Square-Enix put Nick Fury and Mace Windu in the same game, and just have Sammy J get paid twice.

Return to “General Discussion”