What Next After The Keep on The Shadowfell?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Jagged
Great Wyrm

What Next After The Keep on The Shadowfell?

Post by Jagged »

My group is rapidly approaching the conclusion of H1 The Keep on The Shadowfell, and a very good campaign it has been. But I am wondering where to go next and if people here have any suggestions?

I shall definitely run The Madness at Gardmore Abbey, once my party gets to the right level (6?) since that seems to be universally rated as one of the best scenarios. But what to do in the meantime? H2 Thunderspire looks like an interesting location but also looks like it needs a lot of work filling out the gaps and that might be a problem, given my free time availability :(

I'd quite like to spend some time in Fallcrest. Maybe I could relocate the scales of war Umbraforge scenario to Fallcrest?

Any suggestions? Any favourites at levels 4 to 6?

cheers!

Vhex
Giant

Re: What Next After The Keep on The Shadowfell?

Post by Vhex »

You're right that Thunderspire and Pyramid of Shadows are the next in the track. You can do the Reavers at Harkenwold track which is also pretty good.

However, if you're just gearing up for Madness (which is pretty darn cool) then I'd recommend just throwing a story together using some of the Dungeon magazine adventures (scales of war, as you said) and moving the story to Madness as soon as the party is leveled enough (maybe even accelerate leveling for 4 & 5).

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: What Next After The Keep on The Shadowfell?

Post by Jagged »

I ran a little side mission from the Chaos Scar set of Encounters (The Crawling Fane), just as a quick something to do, and it worked quite well. This gives me some confidence that there are some fun things available, I just need to get off my backside and sort something out :(

I was hoping someone was going to say, "No play this ..." and "Here, use these maps." :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”