Card software to go with MapTool

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

LordWanWaldenburg
Kobold

Card software to go with MapTool

Post by LordWanWaldenburg »

Hello,

I'm working on developing a board game and am currently using MapTool for my online map (I don't live in the same area as my testing friends), but I also need something that I can run at the same time as MapTool that will allow cards to be played.

What I'm hoping I can find is a piece of software that:
  • - allows the addition of individual cards
  • - allows the creation of decks
  • - allows the playing/discarding/etc... of the cards
I've heard of software that people used to play Magic (they had to input the cards they had) but I can't seem to find anything.

If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate it!

Thank you.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Card software to go with MapTool

Post by CoveredInFish »

Have you looked at the macro solutions the maptool community came up with? You should find some useful stuff in the user creations forum.

Other than that I have to admit that I'd probably try out roll20.net for your project. It supports custom card decks. It is no match to Maptools vision- and macro system but you probably dont use that anyway?

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Post by patnodewf »

I believe that THIS might be what you're looking for...
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

VisElEchNon
Cave Troll

Post by VisElEchNon »

Well, it's a bit necro, but LackeyCCG (http://lackeyccg.com/) is a VERY good card engine. I use it quite a bit for various card games and even board games that have card components.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

I recently discovered MSWE (Magic Set Editor) as mentioned above. I downloaded a style for creating D&D 4E power cards but modified it heavily to fit my own needs.

Creating new styles apparently needs quite a bit of learning as it required (simple) coding, but if you look a other people's styles you'll get teh hang of it. the resutls are pretty nice anyway, with lots of options.

Creating a deck is of course no problem, though Im not sure about the "playing" aspect, I haven't found anything like that as of now.

Return to “General Discussion”