RPGs and faith

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

RPGs and faith

Post by Sol Invictus »

I just found this on Youtube and I just have to share it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUuEpTFba8s
Pastor Fisk on RPGs and why they are ok and even good for anyone to play them!
He usually has good and sound stuff to say about faith and Lutheran theology, but do not trust him on women and homosexuals, he is very Unlutheranly opposed to their emancipation. Too bad, because I love his style. Unfortunately he's probably too hard headed to ever see that he's way off there.

Anyway, what he says in the video about RPGs I couldn't have said better. Enjoy!

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Re: RPGs and faith

Post by Bone White »

Sol Invictus wrote:Unfortunately he's probably too hard headed to ever see that he's way off there.
Rule #1 of debates: Assuming you're correct means you're not debating.

A closed mind is a limited mind. Just because you don't agree with a view doesn't mean it hasn't got an application in RPGs. I believe if there were no extremes in storytelling in general, stories would become very dull indeed.

Sol Invictus
Cave Troll

Re: RPGs and faith

Post by Sol Invictus »

Bone White wrote:Assuming you're correct means you're not debating.
Me? Him? Anyway, I think for the sake of the debate you have to assume that you are correct. However, you should still take others and their (counter-)arguments seriously. And the good pastor Fisk does struggle with that.
Bone White wrote:Just because you don't agree with a view doesn't mean it hasn't got an application in RPGs.
Yeah, exactly, because all the things in an RPG are fictional, and everyone involved is very aware of that. Else, PCs would probably behave very much less ridiculously :D

Return to “General Discussion”