Elite:Dangerous

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

metatheurgist
Dragon

Elite:Dangerous

Post by metatheurgist »

If you're a fan of the original space combat/trading sim Elite, you should head off to the Elite:Dangerous kickstarter and make a pledge if you haven't already done so.

David Braben is back with a new vision for the game including multi-player, a dynamic player influenced galaxy along with the same old staples of making money, buying a better ship and shooting pirates.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Re: Elite:Dangerous

Post by metatheurgist »

If you're not a fan and you're wondering what Elite Dangerous is all about, here's some teaser trailers for the game:

Elite: Dangerous

Scavenger Hunt

If you're looking for more info check out the Dev Diaries on the Kickstart page. The enthusiasm the creator has for his game is infectious.

I'm looking forward to coralling some of my MT group into flying some trade routes or pirate hunts with me.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

A new video on Trading and Mining.

The Kickstarter is on it's last week. At 82% funded it's sure to succeed with the typical end of funding surge. Get on board now if you want a great game at £20 (about US$33) before the pledges dry up.

If you're a Mac fan there's a stretch goal for a Mac version at £1.4M funding.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

Elite: Dangerous Art Journal detailing their intentions towards how the game will look and feel. Some very nice info on ship modularity and political/economic environmental cues for planetary systems.

David Braben is also hosting an AMA on Reddit on Jan 3.

Return to “General Discussion”