Refresh Campaign macros pane

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jckrbbt
Cave Troll

Refresh Campaign macros pane

Post by jckrbbt »

I'm using MapTools 1.3.b87 and was working on writing Campaign macros last night. Campaign autosave is set to 5 minutes, and I regularly manually save when I am done working for the evening. When I connected to my server this morning from a client as GM, I can't see the new Campaign macros, but I can tell that the changes saved because functions and properties on my LIB: tokens are current from last night.

I have had players mention this to me in the past that they didn't see certain macros in Campaign Macros tab, and I usually solved the problem by simply dragging that macro to their token. Is there any way to force a refresh of the Campaign macros tab?

UPDATE: When I locally open the saved .cmpgn file I was working on, the macros are present in the Campaign macro tab, but are missing when I connect to that server as a client GM.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Refresh Campaign macros pane

Post by aliasmask »

There's a setting when starting the server. I usually check them all except Individuals Views. I also mention other settings and preferences in HERE under MapTool Configurations with a few explanations.

jckrbbt
Cave Troll

Post by jckrbbt »

Aliasmask, I believe I have "Players Receive Campaign Macros" checked in the server configs, but I will certainly double-check as it appears to be the most obvious conclusion. I do show most of the macros from the campaign, just not the newest 3 or 4 I made last night.

Thanks again. I'll verify the settings checkbox, restart the server, and see if they show up.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Hmm, if only some of them are not showing then Edit | Options and uncheck Allow Players to Edit or something like that.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hm. I seem to recall that players only get campaign macros when they connect. I.e. they're not updated dynamically on the fly.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Actually, if you click edit on any of the macros, then they all update, I've noticed.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

aliasmask wrote:Actually, if you click edit on any of the macros, then they all update, I've noticed.
Could this be triggered by a macro statement?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Double-hm. Then it sounds like the server is pushing the macros to the client, but there's no panel refresh being performed automatically by the client.

I'll add that to the list for b89; it should be an easy fix.

Return to “General Discussion”