Shared Pov, Docking Checkboxes, other things over my head

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

brianquad
Kobold

Re: Shared Pov, Docking Checkboxes, other things over my hea

Post by brianquad »

With the idea now to go with something that updates whenever a radio option is changed, I am looking for how to make that work. I'm not making the mental link to which command will actually achieve this. The onChangeSelection says when changing tokens. What am I missing?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

In web this is usually done by javascript. This is not supported by MT (to be exactly: by the html interpreter that MT uses, its also the reason HTML and CSS support is quite outdated).

There is no way (I know of) to react on form element selection (eg selecting an input field), so you have to rely on form submits.

brianquad
Kobold

Post by brianquad »

Oh. Wolf42's statement confused me then. Back to the button then.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

brianquad wrote:Oh. Wolf42's statement confused me then. Back to the button then.
yeah I tend to do that... :? As Cif said: form updates can only be 'saved' or applied with the use of a submit button. using onchangeselection event can provide the form with other/extra parameters but any user settings (e.g. checkbox, text or radio) will be discarded as soon as its invoked, in other words: the form will reset when you use that event.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

What MIGHT be possible ... but its probably much more work than its worth ...

is to use image buttons. A click on an image button does send a form submit and the coordinates of the click (relative to the image). So you could build your own "radio button group" from an image with all radio button and aligned text lines. You would need to have those radio-image in multiple versions, so you could show which is selected.

Actually you would have to write all handling your self, but it could work.

EDIT: I actually tried to build an example and had some trouble. Actually it works pretty well but i couldnt get the image button to update the image - so no visual feedback :( dont know yet whats going on, maybe I'll pack up some example and post it later. Or has already someone an idea?

Return to “General Discussion”