[gm:] text Shows in triplicate

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jckrbbt
Cave Troll

[gm:] text Shows in triplicate

Post by jckrbbt »

Hopefully someone has run into this before and can point me to an easy solution. I did not originally have this problem, but haven't used [gm:] in a while. I'm trying to get success output to everyone, but only show the roll to myself as the GM. Using the example on the Wiki, I created a macro with just the line:

Code: Select all

Everyone can see this [g: "but only the GM can see this"]
this is what it generates:

Everyone can see this « "but only the GM can see this" = "but only the GM can see this" = but only the GM can see this »

I've checked and unchecked both tooltip settings in Preferences, but it doesn't have any effect. Has anyone seen this before, and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: [gm:] text Shows in triplicate

Post by Full Bleed »

jckrbbt wrote:Hopefully someone has run into this before and can point me to an easy solution. I did not originally have this problem, but haven't used [gm:] in a while. I'm trying to get success output to everyone, but only show the roll to myself as the GM. Using the example on the Wiki, I created a macro with just the line:

Everyone can see this [g: "but only the GM can see this"]
this is what it generates:

Everyone can see this « "but only the GM can see this" = "but only the GM can see this" = but only the GM can see this »

I've checked and unchecked both tooltip settings in Preferences, but it doesn't have any effect. Has anyone seen this before, and how can I fix it?

Thanks.
Add an "r" flag. That will just show the result without the additional formatting.

Everyone can see this [r, g: "but only the GM can see this"]
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

jckrbbt
Cave Troll

Re: [gm:] text Shows in triplicate

Post by jckrbbt »

That did it. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”