Cave Trolls and Kobolds vs. Deities and Demigods

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

meshon
Cave Troll

Cave Trolls and Kobolds vs. Deities and Demigods

Post by meshon »

Let me start off by saying that the MapTool community is top notch. There is so much support here. There are a few people who are always posting with really good help, excellent suggestions, and just generally being supportive.

However, I'm wondering about the role of someone like me, who hasn't posted a lot but I do have a fair amount of macro-writing experience and have managed my way to some solutions for a number of tricky problems (thanks in large part to the forums and the people who post here). Not that I'm an expert, but I've managed to sort out a few things. There are times when I want to answer questions but I know that if I just hold off, someone with more experience and better coding practices will probably come along and provide a better answer than I could.

So, opinions? What's a kobold or a cave troll to do? How do the Deities and Demigods among us feel? You are, after all, the ones who are largely responsible for making this community the good thing that it is.

All in all, I'm glad to be here and have these great resources for making my gaming life better.

cheers,
Meshon

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Cave Trolls and Kobolds vs. Deities and Demigods

Post by CoveredInFish »

I started as a small kobold and was on the receiving end of help. After some time I started offering help with the very few things I learned .. and sometimes the demigod and deities corrected or complemented my posts. Some more time ... well ...

today I'm more than happy when other people help with the stuff they know about, since helping is work and writing a hundredth time why you cant nest 3 code levels or whats the difference between [if] and if() is getting a bit boring :mrgreen:

So feel free to offer all the help you can, if somethings is wrong, someone will correct you, but I'd be surprised if you'd get blamed for that (never read that once here)

EDIT: I like to think that its WITH and not VERSUS ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Competition here is all in good fun, ie ninja'd. If you have something to say, then say it. No one here is going to call you stupid. Other solutions may be offered, but that's a good thing. Even if I may know an answer, sometimes I let it slide for the next generation to answer, especially if it's a fairly common and in-depth question. For those seeking to be experts, nothing solidifies your knowledge more than teaching others.

darn you CiF, ninja'd again.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

:evil: I WILL RAIN DOWN LIGHTNING IF THOU HATH THE GUTS TO NINJA MY POSTS !! :evil:

but seriously: we *all* started out as noobs and the sooner you jump in and start helping people the quicker you learn. And I'm all for quick learners. So posts as often as you can to help peeps!

@AM: you *actually* ninja'd my post... *looks for lightning rod*.... but lets first pounce on that Neptune demigod who ninja'd us both.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It happens all the time, especially at times when certain people are online. You write an in-depth response to an issue only to find out 1 or more people already replied. Just post it anyway a la "ninja'd" if you feel your answer is somewhat of a duplicate. Sometimes saying the same thing a different way helps the noobs comprehend a little better and it's positive reinforcement to the solution.

If you're going to be a frequent poster I recommend to always be kind, courteous and humble, but not to take anyone else's bs.

meshon
Cave Troll

Post by meshon »

CoveredInFish wrote:EDIT: I like to think that its WITH and not VERSUS ;)
That is certainly true, and even kobolds will someday grow into Dragons (at least!). The community here is definitely welcoming. I'm happy to decide that I will post what and when I can be of assistance. One day I even hope to offer my Mordheim framework, for what it's worth.

cheers,
Meshon

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

8)
meshon wrote:One day I even hope to offer my Mordheim framework, for what it's worth.
I'm looking forward to that.

noct
Kobold

Post by noct »

ya know, i've been here for ages, i generally dont post very often, usually just looking for a game to play in or run. i think i might start posting a bit more all over to learn n help people out a bit more. love using map tools and several other virtual table top devices.

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

I dont even remember what I was since i've last been here. but I'm back again And this is a shamless chance to remind myself :D

Return to “General Discussion”