flying miniatures

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

noct
Kobold

flying miniatures

Post by noct »

i was just wondering to myself about this topic so i thought i'd ask others since i can't seem to make up my mind on which i like more. miniatures with clouds as the base to show theyre flying or the tokens on the transparent piece of plastic or glass to denote that they're flying. so which do you guys prefer?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: flying miniatures

Post by CoveredInFish »

Are you talking about actual miniatures (if that is so I'd prefer clear "flying" bases - not that cloud thing) or about handling that in MapTool or VTT? For the latter this discussion is a good starter.

noct
Kobold

Post by noct »

actual miniatures, sorry for not clarifying, been a long one. yes i was just curious what other people preferred. the clear plastic like what superman has holding him up in heroclix or a normal mini with clouds decorating the base to make it look like they're up in the clouds. im not sure which i like more i know most companies just put them up on that clear transparent plastic stilt, but i just wondered if thats really what most people preferred for their irl figurines.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

I've never seen cloud bases before, but I suspect that might be a little weird for most games (though it makes sense for dogfight simulators).

I actually like the look of black wire bases over clear plastic; I find the shininess of the plastic distracting. Matte black sells the illusion better.

Return to “General Discussion”