Web random tables generation tool

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

steinkel
Kobold

Web random tables generation tool

Post by steinkel »

Hi Guys!

I'm working on a table generation tool (web based) and wanted share it with you, could be a good thing to do inside maptool for generating names, or quick NPC's etc. OF COURSE we have Tablesmith already done, but it's getting old and I wanted something quick to have in my mobile phone...

Let me know what you think!

http://rpgtables.com

Cheers,
Jorge.
Jorge González

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Web random tables generation tool

Post by CoveredInFish »

It seems to be fixed now.

Nice and functional design, I'm not so impressed by the content, but that will probably grow.

Ephestion
Cave Troll

Post by Ephestion »

You need to add a Mutually exclusive flag:

Lowly
Contrarian
Verbose
Quiet
Materialistic

Verbose and Quiet?

TraitID, Trait Name, ExcludeID1, ExcludeID2, ExcludeID3: probably the simplest flat file data base structure.

The last variables can be iterated with an array so that you don't need fixed columns.

eg count deliminator from Left side
If DeliminatorCount = 2 then (We reached the end of TraitName and the rest are flags.
Read the rest as mutually Exlusive into an ExclusiveArray()

Loop through array and redefine Array to ensure your random selection doesn't match anything in the array.

halteclere
Kobold

Post by halteclere »

Verbose and Quiet = Someone who doesn't talk much but when you get them started, oh boy. Or someone who says a lot but speaks softly.

Return to “General Discussion”