Custom gaming table ideas

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Re: Custom gaming table ideas

Post by Bone White »

My personal preference is to deal with everything in millimetres, then I don't have to worry about decimals or fractions. I installed a new bathroom last year and my whiteboard still has all the planning dimensions, faithfully written out in millimetres.

I always find it funny how a metre was supposed to be a measurement based on something static (A 10 millionth of the distance between the equator and the north pole in line with the curvature of the earth), because the inventory was irritated by not having a standard measurement (plus the barleycorns his cobbler was using to measure his shoe size tickled his feet, not just were irregular in size). Unfortunately it wasn't measured accurately, but the measurement stuck.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Bone White wrote:… because the inventory was irritated by not having a standard measurement (plus the barleycorns his cobbler was using to measure his shoe size tickled his feet, not just were irregular in size).
Just a joke or something you read or heard?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, updated the OP with some final pics!

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 93#p243693
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Thanks, it was a labor of love. Going from a 4x8 board on top of a kitchen table, it's nice to feel "grown up" and not have a beer spilled because of a small bump. This thing is solid (and heavy)!

If anyone has any questions on building their own, just PM me, I have more pics & sketchup plans plus a few do's & do not's!

@Wolf, that smiley is almost a little creepy lol :D
-Jamz

Return to “General Discussion”