Quick question Undo/redo bug

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

svidro
Kobold

Quick question Undo/redo bug

Post by svidro »

Hi! Trying to convince a couple of friends to swap to MapTool from Gametable due to all the nice bells and whistles I am finding here. Unfortunately the undo-redo drawing bug is a showstopper, as our DM does all the drawings realtime, along with effects like fireballs and entangles (etc) that need to be popped in and out.

What is the newest version of Maptool that has a working undo/redo feature, or is there a simple patch/overwrite process that I can use to get the feature working?

Tried digging around a few threads in the bugs section etc, but wasn't able to figure out what my best option actually was.

Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Quick question Undo/redo bug

Post by wolph42 »

II answered this question earlier but apparently once again the forum ate my post....hrmpff
searching for undo/redo on this forum will get you:
One thing I would make you aware of with mapping, is that there is a bug around undoing/redoing drawings. There is a workaround if you can remember to do it (or how, my explanation may be off). Draw two very small items (even dots) and undo one of them. Then draw as normal and try to ignore/overlay the dots when you build your map. This will allow you to get undo/redo to behave as expected.

svidro
Kobold

Re: Quick question Undo/redo bug

Post by svidro »

Yeah, I don't think they will be too keen on that. I have since found that the posted b90 version from dropbox is working well enough for us, so if anyone else finds the bug to be a deal breaker, try risking the beta version of b90 the dev posted at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qu72911q6fzo ... .3.b90.zip

Return to “General Discussion”