The State of Things - 3D VTT?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: The State of Things - 3D VTT?

Post by Full Bleed »

Bhoritz wrote:After some thinking, and having looked hard at the 3D VTTs, I don't think that the 3D view would have any use for the gamemaster, a 2D view is easier to interpret, gives better information and is easier to manipulate.
As long as you can get to a nearly top-down view easily enough I don't think 3d is much of a barrier.
But, it would be quite fun for the players, because it gives a better immersion experience, it filters the information they receive from the point of view of their characters,...
I actually believe that TableTop Connect should give the players a 1st person POV option right from their token. It shouldn't be too hard to implement within their current engine and it would add another very interesting element to some encounters. It would take a lot of meta-gaming out of some situations and put people into their character's perspective. Not good for every situation, but would be a lot of fun in some.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”