Numenera is finally here

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Numenera is finally here

Post by Xaelvaen »

From the mind of Monte Cook, Numenera, a new Roleplaying game, is finally out of the design phase and onto the shelf.

The core of the system is designed around simple and fast mechanics allowing the freedom to design a character by concept rather than rules-searching. Character creation is ultimately quick, though it has enough options that one can spend their time on it as well.

The largest note, however, is the GM-centric design of the mechanics, built to allow a GM to create situations, scenarios, and monsters on the fly without the need to prepare them ahead of time or reference a book. (This was the biggest draw for me, honestly).

You can find information at Numenera.

The quick information:

Numenera is a setting based around Arthur C. Clarke's idea that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. That being said, the world is comprised of a billion years of Earth's evolution, change, and mysticism, combining science fiction and fantasy fluidly. Despite generations of this advanced way of life, the current world is broken and full of despair, as none of the current residents truly understand the artifacts of the lost world left around them. My description really can't do it justice, so if you're vaguely interested, just give it a look.

Thanks for your time reading this, and I hope you give it a try and rather enjoy it.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “General Discussion”