Stable version for tablets

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

ssveter
Kobold

Stable version for tablets

Post by ssveter »

I have some players that want to use their tablets during our game. I run ver b89 and have no issues with it I usually send everyone the batch files I use to start maptools and it works great. However, what about running on win8 or any of those tablets that don't have a win OS?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Stable version for tablets

Post by Jagged »

Depends on the tablet I guess. If its WinRT then there is no java for you and you are out of luck. :(

yorick
Cave Troll

Post by yorick »

What @jagged said. Maptool requires Java. That means it will work on Win8(.1) Pro tablets, Linux tablets, or touchscreen laptops / tabletish devices running older versions of Windows. It won't work on iOS, Android or Windows RT tablets.

roll20 has tablet support if you subscribe for $5/month, but it doesn't have the scripting features maptool does. It's rather rudimentary with its macros.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

My wife just won a (wimpy) Android tablet in a drawing. Once we're done playing with it as an Android device, I'll try to root it and use the approach (separate thread here) for installing Linux and a full Java stack. Would be interesting to try using it for MapTool. I'll post when I have something working, but it will be quite awhile as I've got lots of other stuff to do first.

Return to “General Discussion”