Mote Kickstarter: We are going LIVE!

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Lee
Dragon

Mote Kickstarter: We are going LIVE!

Post by Lee »

Hey everyone :D

We're finally live!

Here's our page on KickstarterWe do hope for your support. Please visit us there, and back us up if you like what you see, or share to people you know who might be interested :)

Please reply on this thread if you helped out and we'll do our part in crediting you for the assist ;)

Thanks for all the help leading up to this point, and we hope to see you all during the campaign!

Lee & the Idle Ideas team.

Here're links to our current portals:
Mote's G+ Community (all major updates will be discussed here)
Idle Idea's G+ page (all major updates will be posted here)

For those who won't be passing by the PitchFuse page:
Mote's Facebook page (for those who don't have G+)
Follow us on Twitter (nothing in it as of yet) :lol:
Last edited by Lee on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

badsequel
Giant

Re: Mote Kickstarter: We are going LIVE!

Post by badsequel »

\O/

Best of luck!
My shared rpg stuff:
(exe)TokenNameChanger3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqsof54v3dl2k ... 3.zip?dl=0
Tiddly Spell Wiki: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53pya4k68mnvc ... ddly01.htm

Stuff to check out:
Mote Kickstarter(back it): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/74 ... abletop-ev

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

Thanks guys.
wolph42 wrote: (Locked the other 'pointer threads')
you're awesome, wolph.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Lee wrote:PitchFuse
You have the dice bar demo linked twice and a typo in the paragraph after the second.

BTW, best of luck!

I'll be sharing this with my groups and will see about chiseling a few bucks off them.

I know I was, initially, worried about how you might carry the project forward. But the near abandonment of MT by the core guys who have done so much for it, and the "invasion" of forked versions, has me pulling for you and your crew to move this ball forward in some centralized capacity. I think I would have preferred a more organic and official transfer of power from the current core guys (like Az and Craig) in much the same way the program moved from Trevor's hands into theirs... but that was not, apparently, going to happen any time soon.

I'm still not sure that monetizing an otherwise "free" community project is really what's best for the long term health of the project, but it should at least "kickstart" some long overdue development on a tool many of us have come to rely on for our table-top games.

PS: Please take a look at the FREQ forum and see how many of the small "quality of use" features you might be able to get in as well. I think a longer list of tweaks and fixes sends a signal that this is about more than just tacking on some new big-ticket features.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

@FullBleed Thanks for the catches on the Pitchfuse page! The KS page had everything worked out on it,but we didn't want to publicize it until launch. So, it was a last minute scramble to find another means to pre-launch :lol:

Full Bleed wrote: I'm still not sure that monetizing an otherwise "free" community project is really what's best for the long term health of the project, but it should at least "kickstart" some long overdue development on a tool many of us have come to rely on for our table-top games.
Yeah, believe it or not, I've dwelt on this myself over the long months leading here. It is my hope that things will work out for the best in the long run, where my team and I get the rep for a well-don project, the community gets a free tool to rival/best the others, and future devs get to work on the opened code base. It's likely not going to end up with a plug-in architecture devs here wanted, being based on 1.3 and all, but I think there will be useful parts toward that end when the time comes.

If I were doing more wrong than right, I'd apologize right away. But I really believe we're working on something good, setting aside the cash incentive. We'll see.
Full Bleed wrote: PS: Please take a look at the FREQ forum and see how many of the small "quality of use" features you might be able to get in as well. I think a longer list of tweaks and fixes sends a signal that this is about more than just tacking on some new big-ticket features.
I have. I listed all the FREQ and put these on a TODO list. I'd share the list now, but it might drive expectations away from the road map planned. Once people get a handle of the phase plans, we'll trickle in the details of the "smaller" aspects.

Needless to say, a lot of the smaller items have been coded in last year. If you visit the G+ community, there's also a log of major changes. We'll update it with what's been ticked off the FREQ list when time allows :)

Thanks again FB.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Best of success! Will be fun to see how far you take it!
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

Good luck, I am glad to see someone finding value in this and trying to breath life into it for another decade. Wish you the best!
~Giliath

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Good luck.

A post on your G+ page (and the title of this thread) refers to Kickstarter, but you're not using anymore..?

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

trevor wrote:Best of success! Will be fun to see how far you take it!
giliath wrote:Good luck, I am glad to see someone finding value in this and trying to breath life into it for another decade. Wish you the best!
WOW! I never thought to hear from the founders! I am truly honored to meet you all at last :D Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it ^_^

Please don't hesitate to chime in anywhere related to the project, if you have something to say; we're always interested to hear from you.
Bone White wrote:Good luck.

A post on your G+ page (and the title of this thread) refers to Kickstarter, but you're not using anymore..?
Thanks B.W. :)

Oh, PitchFuse is just for pre-launch. It saves from having to share the actual preview link for the KS while we are heavily editing it still.

trevor

Post by trevor »

We may not actively post, but we keep tabs, love to see what people do with it :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

trevor wrote:We may not actively post, but we keep tabs, love to see what people do with it :)
the founding lurkers... :mrgreen:

trevor

Post by trevor »

wolph42 wrote:
trevor wrote:We may not actively post, but we keep tabs, love to see what people do with it :)
the founding lurkers... :mrgreen:

;)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Good luck! So, will there be a reward level that nets use nightlies or source code access early? :)
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Wow, seeing Trevor and Giliath surface in the thread is a good omen! ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”