Help with Rotations

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Zach1812
Kobold

Help with Rotations

Post by Zach1812 »

Hello all,

First time post, first time MapTooler. I've been working with it for a couple of days and watched a ton of tutorials but have not been able to work out my problem. I'm running a Mac 10.9 Macbook Pro 15in with 8GB of Ram and running MapTools 1.3.b89. My problem is I have no idea how to rotate any of my objects. Perhaps it's pretty simple and I'm missing it but I can't figure it out. I do know how to set the facing on things but I'd like more control over angles than that it it's available.

Please help.
Chris

p.s. I looked into what forum area to post this and wasn't able to find a Help section. Usually it should be under MapTool, but it says not to post help questions there. So...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Help with Rotations

Post by aliasmask »

Under token properties, make sure token shape under config tab is top down. You can then use the shift-mousescroll to roatate or shift-ctrl-mousescroll to rotate with more detail. If you drop tokens on to object or background layer I think the token type default to top-down but if you drop on token layer it will depend on shape of token.

Zach1812
Kobold

Re: Help with Rotations

Post by Zach1812 »

Awesome! That really helped.

Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”