How do I import new health bars for use on the tokens?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

madmaxneo
Giant

How do I import new health bars for use on the tokens?

Post by madmaxneo »

I am specifically talking about the health bars that come with the default set in the resource library. In the campaign properties under the "bars" tab it gives a way to import other bars. But I am unable to locate the health bars from the default library. I was told that anything I download into my resource library is not accessible except through maptools, if so how do I access the alternative health bars for use in my game?

Bruce

jckrbbt
Cave Troll

Re: How do I import new health bars for use on the tokens?

Post by jckrbbt »

Are you talking about using custom images for the health bars?

I found this wasn't as intuitive as I'd hoped when I tried to figure it out on my own. I did bookmark this post from the forum. I've gone back and forth a few times and ultimately stayed with the default bars as they scale better than the custom UIs I'd made. Make sure you're also marking the checkbox for visible bars on each token.

madmaxneo
Giant

Post by madmaxneo »

Essentially yes, custom images. But I am specifically asking how do I use the health bars in the default library set. There doesn't seem to be a way to import them for use on the tokens. There is a import set up in the campaign settings for this but I can't locate the libraries I have downloaded using Maptools other than through the library manager, and I can't import from there.
I did like the link you gave me. I am going to look at that code in a little while.
Bruce

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You have to export all the campaign settings to get the campaign bars and states. Unfortunately, there is no merge so current settings would be lost. But there is a way to merge if in a pinch and that is to edit the cmpgn (actually a zip) file directly or the setting export. I'm not sure what happens when you have duplicates, but I'm guessing the last one would be in effect. So, if you merged to settings exports for just the states and each had a dead state, then I suspect the first would be over written. Sometimes, its just easier to add manually if you have the images from the first campaign already. If not, you can pull them out of the cmpgn by browsing the assets images.

madmaxneo
Giant

Post by madmaxneo »

aliasmask wrote:You have to export all the campaign settings to get the campaign bars and states. Unfortunately, there is no merge so current settings would be lost. But there is a way to merge if in a pinch and that is to edit the cmpgn (actually a zip) file directly or the setting export. I'm not sure what happens when you have duplicates, but I'm guessing the last one would be in effect. So, if you merged to settings exports for just the states and each had a dead state, then I suspect the first would be over written. Sometimes, its just easier to add manually if you have the images from the first campaign already. If not, you can pull them out of the cmpgn by browsing the assets images.
Aliasmask,
I couldn't find the "assets images" you are referring to. So why would they put these alternative health bars into the default library if I can't use them?
I am also looking for a way to include two more status bars. One is for experience and the other is for power points or spell points.
Right not I am looking into fading health bars that will automatically indicate unconsciousness and dying when the health bar goes below zero and dead when it reaches a certain point.

Btw, since you are here and I know your very knowledgeable when it comes to Maptool;
1. I have heard of setting up macros where you pick your opponent in your attack and the macro automatically applies the armor class/defensive bonus against your attack bonus then can automatically apply damage to whomever took damage.
2. Is there is a way to automatically apply bleeding so much each round and stunned for so many rounds?
If these both are possible where can I find a cmpgn framework I can look at for reference?

Bruce

Return to “General Discussion”