MapTools Fork List

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTools Fork List

Post by JamzTheMan »

To sum up why there are forks, 1.3 was put on a freeze which meant no new contributes/additions to SVN.

I manage to get a few things in and Lee had some patches that fixed a few things, but other than that...If we want new features, we have to fork/host our own versions. I've kept mine close to the 1.3b91 source so I can merge it back, possibly with 1.4. Life put that on pause while Craig gets GitHub situated away.

You'll find a lot of things may not make sense but more likely if you dig deeper, you will find there are/were reasons for most of them.
-Jamz

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

You know, I'm hoping things will kick into gear again. We have a few new folks that have expressed an interest so it's time to start knocking things out for 1.4. I'll try to get a post (or have Craig put up a post) in the Dev forum to discuss an early hit list.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

RPTroll wrote:You know, I'm hoping things will kick into gear again. We have a few new folks that have expressed an interest so it's time to start knocking things out for 1.4.
And as proof just a couple of months later, there is a 1.4 beta available specifically to test some new functionality.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

And of course, 1.4 just released. See announcements for details.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “General Discussion”