Blood Circuit - cyberpunk RPG

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Human Strain Group
Kobold

Blood Circuit - cyberpunk RPG

Post by Human Strain Group »

Hey everyone!

"Blood Circuit is a tribute to a good old game BloodNet. Blood Circuit is a grim and dark cyberpunk future inspired by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling novels. Megacorporations rule the world, matrix and cyber implants are there if you can afford them, human life becoming cheaper with each passing day, and dread vampires lurks in the shadows with their own agenda..."

This project has been started on IndieGoGo: http://igg.me/at/bloodcircuit
Please visit us there, and back us up if you like what you see, or share to people you know who might be interested

Best regards, Human Strain Group!! :D

Cherno
Giant

Re: Blood Circuit - cyberpunk RPG

Post by Cherno »

Hey, I liked Bloodnet back in the day. It had a bizarre graphics style and some unique mechanics, and fun subplots. You could jack into cyberspace, find a hidden well, download Elvis Presley's consciousness and then buy and collect cyborg parts fro various weapon dealers until you were able to build a combat robot with Elvis' personality. The cyberspace as a while was extremely cool, with those violet-blue clouds in the background and everything seemingly made of mercury... The best representation of the Net I ever saw.

I played it till I reached the final boss but couldn't beat him, I think you had to have certain skills but if you screwed up at the character creation screen the whole game becomes unwinnable :)

Best of luck with the project!
Edit: After looking at the IG page: 450.000 USD? Wow, that's quite a number.

Edit2: Upon further review, I have come to the conclusion that this has to be either a bad joke or a scheme to rip off naive people's cash.
The ridiculously high funding goal aside: The presentation video is... I can't even describe it. First of all, the text is hard to read with that font coupled with a mediocre resolution. Then, it's full of spelling and grammatical errors. After that, all we see are scenes from the original game, and how it was flawed. Okay, that's nice, but what about the game this IG is actually about? :D The video is the first thing people check out, and here it's a wasted opportunity to show what your game is about. After watching the video, will people really read all the way to the bottom of the description until they finally find some information about the concept?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Cherno wrote:Edit2: Upon further review, I have come to the conclusion that this has to be either a bad joke or a scheme to rip off naive people's cash.
The ridiculously high funding goal aside: The presentation video is... I can't even describe it. First of all, the text is hard to read with that font coupled with a mediocre resolution. Then, it's full of spelling and grammatical errors. After that, all we see are scenes from the original game, and how it was flawed. Okay, that's nice, but what about the game this IG is actually about? :D The video is the first thing people check out, and here it's a wasted opportunity to show what your game is about. After watching the video, will people really read all the way to the bottom of the description until they finally find some information about the concept?
I can't really comment on the efficacy and legitimacy of the project... but $15 in donations in 7 days doesn't bode well.

It's also a "Flexible Funding" campaign which means that they will receive all funds even if the campaign doesn't reach its goal (which it won't). Seems to me that you should have very high confidence in a "Flexible Funding" project before supporting it.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Human Strain Group
Kobold

Post by Human Strain Group »

Ok. Fair enough. Forgot to check this forum for replies tbh.
Cherno wrote:
Everything is right except "joke" and "scheme" part.
Full Bleed wrote:
Right again. "Flexible funding" was our largest mistake IMO.

Conclusion - the IGG project was born dead. We made almost any mistake we could make. From no-gameplay video to grammatical errors and mistypes. We were too hurry to try crowdfunding campaign that we didn't even made descent PR before the start. As for the funding method... well... you can check IGG rules yourself. There's no wire-transfer disburse if you go "Fixed Funding". But again, I totally agree that was too naive not to see the hidden trap behind it.

You may kick this project even more. Fine by me. But that doesn't mean we give up. Next stop - fixed funding, "breathtaking video", concepts, etc. Hope to stay in touch soon. And to receive your support (even if it's just a comment) when we will go live again .

Return to “General Discussion”