Help!

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

celticindian
Kobold

Help!

Post by celticindian »

I'm new to these forums, and not sure if I should post this here, but I need help.

We've been using RPtools for quite a while, and we love it. we last used it two weeks ago. Going to log on this morning, we keep getting "UPnP error; gateway device not found." No one can start a server, although nobody has changed anything since our last session. we even used the quick start through the home page. We're using version .89.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Help!

Post by aliasmask »

UPnP works in b89, but not for me in b91. Actually, it only sporadically worked not making it clear what was wrong. I have a full 10 minute video showing it. I just gave up and used port forwarding.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Help!

Post by Full Bleed »

celticindian wrote:I'm new to these forums, and not sure if I should post this here, but I need help.

We've been using RPtools for quite a while, and we love it. we last used it two weeks ago. Going to log on this morning, we keep getting "UPnP error; gateway device not found." No one can start a server, although nobody has changed anything since our last session. we even used the quick start through the home page. We're using version .89.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
You can try b91 as Wolph suggested, but failing that we'll need a lot more information about the server's system and what they are doing to start a server.

"Something" must have changed since your last successful session, so identifying that is paramount.

For starters, you might want to uninstall all Java installs and then reinstall the latest java (make sure it's the 64 bit version if you are using a 64 bit OS).

Then reinstall Maptools.

Then try to start a server as before using UPnP.

If that fails, you should uncheck UPNP and attempt to use Port Forwarding.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”