Need help with unusual movement rules

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Stormcrowe
Kobold

Need help with unusual movement rules

Post by Stormcrowe »

I've recently been asked if it would be possible to use map tools for Car Wars. With the way movement works in the game I need the ability to turn counters at 15, 30 and 45deg increments. Is there a way to do this that i'm just not finding in the program?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Need help with unusual movement rules

Post by Jagged »

There is no easy way to do this directly from the application GUI. The token facing controls are either Cardinal Points only, or (if you hold the Ctrl, I think) completely free form.

You could code it relatively easily. You could add buttons onto the token to turn the token left or right by a set amount. Something like:

Code: Select all

[h: f = getTokenFacing()]
[h: setTokenFacing(f-30)]

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

When you hold the ctrl-shift key and use the scroll button on mouse it rotates the facing by 5 degrees for each increment.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

aliasmask wrote:When you hold the ctrl-shift key and use the scroll button on mouse it rotates the facing by 5 degrees for each increment.
That will be my "new thing" for today, thanks.

Means I can go home early

Stormcrowe
Kobold

Post by Stormcrowe »

That works great....Thank you. That much closer to being able to play car wars. grrr...now the rules ugh!

Return to “General Discussion”