First Siege Engine Graphic Tile

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold

First Siege Engine Graphic Tile

Post by sorcerersapprentice »

Hello. This is my attempt at a Siege Engine (heavily damaged in this version) - what do you think? SA
Attachments
Medieval Catapult Tile for General RPG
Medieval Catapult Tile for General RPG
Siege Engine Draft Hardworn L5 Extra Ammo x.jpg (417.84 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: First Siege Engine Graphic Tile

Post by Full Bleed »

sorcerersapprentice wrote:Hello. This is my attempt at a Siege Engine (heavily damaged in this version) - what do you think? SA
Nice.

But would be more useful on a transparent background so it could be used on any map.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote: But would be more useful on a transparent background so it could be used on any map.
I was going to say the same thing. It would also be useful to have the balls/rocks as individual objects

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold

Hey all. Thanks for the feedback. This is actually part of a project I am undertaking to make thousands of printed RPG gaming tiles. This particular set I aim to sell as 1, 4 or 8 printed boards with progressively damaged catapults, (or as a tile in a set of assorted War Machines) but I am presently working on other war machines including a Ballista and Seige Tower. The venture I am starting will allow buyers to choose options for their backgrounds and other custom features, inc what kind of tiles they'd like to see created - so if you're after tiles, let me know your ideas, wants, needs. The image I've added is just to showcase the general graphic level and see if people like it, the technical aspects of the image; including adding a counterweight, lengthening the catapult mast and making the boulders a single tile so the DM can control the physics of the gameworld better will come with the finished sets. Thanks for checking it out!

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold

Here's a couple of samples of the other types I'm working on. I hope to cover all genres inc space, western, war, medieval, other planets, but if there's anything you really want but haven't been able to get, let me know :)
Attachments
Tile. table set waiting to serve up.
Tile. table set waiting to serve up.
Tables II L X 450 x 600.png (308.4 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Tile. One of 180+ old time shoppes.
Tile. One of 180+ old time shoppes.
Apothecary.png (359.63 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Tile. Marketplace essentials - barrels of grain.
Tile. Marketplace essentials - barrels of grain.
Mxied Grains A.png (331.08 KiB) Viewed 1381 times

darkeness66
Giant

Post by darkeness66 »

agreed, very nice. Although I would consider that image to be "slightly damaged". Maybe add some holes or missing wood/broken boards for heavily damaged.

I think you might get more mileage out of the siege equipment by making them tokens with clear backgrounds as mentioned before. I do like the idea of progressively more damaged pictures.

you should have one for 100, 75, 50, 25 & 0 at the least, but even better to go by 20% or 12.5% I am thinking of a health macro that keeps replacing the image as it is destroyed.

hmm... I might have to change the health macros on my siege engines!

Oh yes, you might also want to include at least one side view of the image. For more eye candy you could have a side view of each damaged state.

You may also want to create some other battlefield items like Mantlets, chevel d'frace (spelling?), Trebacha (the picture you have is a technically a mangonal), hwacha & Battering ram (with and without roof).

I think that list covers most of the artillery equipment (but not all) from the middle ages.
Attachments
Wagon, Burned (with pic).rptok
token with a picture (hopefully not copyrighted! If so I will remove)
(84.94 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Wagon, Burned.rptok
image as a token with descriptions and such
(84.94 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Image I made of a burned wagon
Image I made of a burned wagon
Wagon, Burned.png (47.47 KiB) Viewed 1274 times

sorcerersapprentice
Kobold

Hi darkness66, and thanks for the technical information and suggestions. I'm presently building my inventory of smaller tiles atm but will be returning to this project in the not too distant future whereon I will consider your comments in details. Cheers :)

Return to “General Discussion”