How do you go about making your own custom item or objects?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Chaotics69
Kobold

How do you go about making your own custom item or objects?

Post by Chaotics69 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole forum thing, but the question I want to ask is, does MapTools have any type of extra tool or program that they use or recommend for creating your own objects or items? (like portals, archways things of the sort)

any info would be great!

Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: How do you go about making your own custom item or objec

Post by aliasmask »

On the community page there is a list of links and resources like the various image libraries at the bottom. Also, there are plug-ins under File in MapTool to add resource library. The 3rd icon shows a bunch of available downloads.

http://www.rptools.net/community/

I like rpgmapshare and dunjinni.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Generally folks use GIMP or Photoshop to create images. I lift mine from the MapTool downloadables or use sites like rpgmapshare.com.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

allanconner172
Kobold

Post by allanconner172 »

Chaotics69 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole forum thing, but the question I want to ask is, does MapTools have any type of extra tool or program that they use or recommend for creating your own objects or items? (like portals, archways things of the sort)

any info would be great!

Thanks!
Is there any tips for newbies to creating own objects ?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

allanconner172 wrote:
Is there any tips for newbies to creating own objects ?
1) Don't just plop whatever image you find on the internet onto your map (the map background included). First check out how big (kilo/mega-bytes) it is, then if too big, use a tool (like GIMP or Tokentool) to process that image and make it lighter weight. I try to keep my token images to 250x250 pixels -ish.

2) There are tons of images floating out in the Web. Just remember that if you use an image, you may not have rights to that image. Generally speaking you should be able to use it for your own private use, but if you share what you have done with this forum, make sure you have rights to the images you share.

Return to “General Discussion”